Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Old 19th March 2017, 05:28 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
As bland as they are, i think Infernocus, Nitro, and Skulltron are finished product. They are each officially photographed, and on packaging, and have some tiny paint apps. My guess is Hasbro is saving money on paint and using the plain plastic (in Infernocus' and Skulltron's case) to represent dirty, old, robots.
Oh dear. I hadn't thought of that possibility. That is REALLY penny-pinching if that's what they're going with. I'll skip and wait for Takara.
Old 19th March 2017, 10:09 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

How boring would your toy shelf look if they were all grey just to be more "screen accurate" the Bay's bots.
Then again, when Hasbro gave the Dinobot toys different colours for the TF4 toyline, people were unhappy with them having odd colours that didn't make them look like the movie Dinobots.

(also, most of the on-screen Decepticon toys since the very first movie have been fairly colourless, with the only real exception being the Constructicons... ALL the rest have been black, grey or military coloured)
Old 20th March 2017, 03:49 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I think these were shown in the second trailer. All dark grey. They follow batmans rule
Old 20th March 2017, 07:03 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
How boring would your toy shelf look if they were all grey just to be more "screen accurate" the Bay's bots.
Honestly, I think that it would be impossible to tell the difference between who's who if you put them all on one shelf

"Autobots, roll out!"
"We rollin'"
Old 21st March 2017, 10:02 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

The colours of the Decepticons is indicative of the way that Michael Bay treats most Decepticons (and Dinobots) in the movies -- as nothing more than generic set pieces. Absolutely zero personality. They're just so forgettable. (-_-)
Old 13th April 2017, 08:49 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Apparently there is a second Bumblebee toy for wave 3 in the Deluxe size, and it is said to be a new mould... with this scan said to be from its instructions (it doesn't show much other than a gun/hand swapping gimmick).