Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could only display 15...

i love this thread!

displayed in a bookshelf battle, i would have
    *MP Megatron.
    *MP seekers (for now but replace them when the new MP11 and following *repaints are released. it will be sweeeeet).
    *iGears/wheeljacks' PP-Coneheads.
    *iGears PPPrime (with anime noggin).
    *Henkei Bluestreak.
    *FP (Springer) Warbot (with customized noggin).
    *Henkei Bumblebee (without the jetpack).
    *iGear PP Ratchet (i'm saving a spot on the shelf for it).
    *Generations Warpath (with shoulder weapons removed).
    *Perfect Effect Frumbzy.

a very hypothetical list, i don't own an MP Megatron nor PP-Coneheads and obviously don't yet have a PP-Ratchet.
    the scales are certainly heavy on the third party stuff but i just love what a lot of companies have been dropping recently.

i should make a realistic list

Yeah, great idea Verno!

At the moment I usually have under 20 transformers on display anyway, but that's because they're all just recent purchases.

If I had to put some thought into it though, I probably wouldn't go for my "top 15 favourites", because a) it's too hard to choose, and b) it would look ugly, guaranteed.

What I'd like to do is pick 15 in the same colour or colour harmony, in varying sizes. For example, start with three to five voyagers and then go down in size from there in red, orange and yellow. It would be pretty easy too because there's a lot of red and yellow tfs!

Aha, actually just thinking about it, I really want to do this now. Maybe when I get some free time this week.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    If I had to put some thought into it though, I probably wouldn't go for my "top 15 favourites", because a) it's too hard to choose, and b) it would look ugly, guaranteed.
    This is what I was thinking. Many of the people who've posted so far have posted lists of great figures but as a singular display it's a bit haphazard. Verno's example pic is great because they look good together because it is such a clear theme. My first display is going to be Prime toys they are the newest.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What I'd like to do is pick 15 in the same colour or colour harmony, in varying sizes. For example, start with three to five voyagers and then go down in size from there in red, orange and yellow. It would be pretty easy too because there's a lot of red and yellow tfs!
    This reminds me of a random thought I had a while ago, how I'd like to see a collection themed to a rainbow of colours: a shelf of primarily red toys, then one of orange bots, then yellow and so on. (Inspired by the Pride flag )

bowspearer Guest

For me it's actually not that difficult (although it took some splitting hairs with the last 2 choices), as the bulk of them would be Pre-TFs and G1.

Microman
    MIB MC-18 Magneman
    MIB MC-20 Micro Scope
    MIB MC-21 Radiocasse Robo

Beetras
    MIB Beet-Gugal

Diaclone
    All 3 Powerdashers MISB

MOSC Argentinean Yellow Windcharger
    MOSC Argentinean Green Cliffjumper

MOSC Talon
    MISB Skyquake
    MISB Thunderclash

MOSC Tornado
    MOSC Rapido

Optimus Prime
    Prowl
    Jazz
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Bluestreak
    Windcharger
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Hound
    Mirage
    Wheeljack
    Brawn

All classics or whatever you want to call them.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

15 menasors :P

but seriously thats a hard one, i will have to give this some thought

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    l
    This reminds me of a random thought I had a while ago, how I'd like to see a collection themed to a rainbow of colours: a shelf of primarily red toys, then one of orange bots, then yellow and so on. (Inspired by the Pride flag )
    you'd need 7 divisions of shelves then Paulbot, erm are there any Indigo coloured TFs though? might have to settle for 6

Just a thought as well guys, why don't we post pics of what we put here in our lists as our 15 figs on display just to make it more fun and also see if the display would indeed look good if there was only these figs out there. Ill start taking happy snaps and post em tomorrow, prefer to use natural light as my yellow bulb lights make every pic well, um , yellowish
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This is what I was thinking. Many of the people who've posted so far have posted lists of great figures but as a singular display it's a bit haphazard. Verno's example pic is great because they look good together because it is such a clear theme.
    I guess it depends on where one's priorities lies with their toy displays. For me it's about functionality for accessibility to toys that I want to play with first before aesthetics as a visual display. So I chose 15 toys that I would most want to play with and would most not want to relegate to storage. It was a damn tough choice! So yeah, my list was based on "These are the 15 toys that I'd most like to keep playing with" rather than anything to do with visual appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    you'd need 7 divisions of shelves then Paulbot, erm are there any Indigo coloured TFs though? might have to settle for 6
    Indigo eh? Hmm...
    + eHobby United Scourge uses two shades of transparent indigo
    + G1 Ruckus' head, arms and lower legs are indigo
    + G1 Roller can come in indigo
    + Armada Airazor has lots of indigo
    + Animated Thundercracker is primarily indigo
    + Wingspan and Pounce: indigo back, fists, lower legs, weapons and parts of the chest.
    + Drillhorn: lots of indigo
    + G1 Roadgrabber is predominantly indigo
    + Cybertron Cryo Scourge - lots of indigo
    + Armada Grindor: lots of indigo
    + Mach Kick: indigo alt mode (and thus also flows onto the robot mode)
    + Kobushi: lots of indigo
    + Road Rage: anything that was white on Tracks was replaced with indigo on Road Rage
    + G1 eHobby Bad Boy: indigo face, arms and upper legs
    + Brushguard: indigo tyres
    + Hasbro Overlord: some parts which are violet on the Takara version are indigo on Hasbro's.
    + Timelines Buzzsaw's Energon weapon is indigo

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Just a thought as well guys, why don't we post pics of what we put here in our lists as our 15 figs on display just to make it more fun and also see if the display would indeed look good if there was only these figs out there. Ill start taking happy snaps and post em tomorrow, prefer to use natural light as my yellow bulb lights make every pic well, um , yellowish
    Sounds like a good idea!

1 MP megs
    2 MP Ultra Magnus
    3 Brave Max (only cause i haven't got a grand or fort max yet)
    4 Overlord G1
    5 Victory leo G1
    6 Cyclonus G1
    7 Trypticon G1
    8,9,10 Insecticons. G1
    11,12,13,14,15 Dinobots G1

Although the Mp's would be having a little 1 on 1 MMA fight off to the side
    Then the rest in a G1 brawl.
    I forgot about Omega supreme. Swap the 2 MP's for omega and devastator for the time being.
    Can't we just make it a round 20

well this is my 15 i think a couple of these would change every now and then but that would be it