Page 472 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 452462467468469470471472473474475476477482492 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Sorry haven't seen any around.

Comics R Us (on Bourke St) stocks old TFs and Minotaur (on Elizabeth St) tends to stock new TFs (but pricey) as well as other anime/comic/geekery stuff

Target (Bourke St) and Big W (Swanston St) both have TF Prime toys in stock but not alot. Target might be a place you could get the TF:Prime Bumblebee/Starscream 2-pack but that's not really a subsitute. (I want to get that SDCC pack too but have been put off by eBay prices)

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I know that this question shouldn't be in this thread and that I am cheating ti get a quick answer, but where are the best places to get Transformers from (in general--old or new) around/Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs?
    Known Independent stores in Victoria.
    Known comic shops in Victoria (some may have toys or other collectables).

out of the 2 deluxe TF Prime Cliffjumpers (First Edition and TFPRIDE) which one is more acurate to his show model?

FE is hands down the better toy. The PRiD version feels like a KO by comparison. Both are fairly show-like, but the PRiD version cheats with faux-kibble parts whereas the FE toy actually incorporates the vehicle parts into the robot, making it a less kibble-licious and better engineered toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    out of the 2 deluxe TF Prime Cliffjumpers (First Edition and TFPRIDE) which one is more acurate to his show model?
    It's kind of a toss-up. From what I can see the FE has more accurate forearms especially with the transforming arm-cannons, but PRiDE has more accurate legs, abdominal section, and upper arms. The head looks to be very slightly off in both, but not by much - PRiDE has a slightly better facial expression IMO. The legs are really noticeably different for the FE, while the forearms are noticeably different for the PRiDE. Also, the FE is slightly larger than PRiDE, though both are pretty small.

If you've got the budget to spare and it's worth the outlay to you, I'd chase down the FE for the transforming arm-cannons, but really they're both pretty decent show-accuracy wise. Also note that the Zombie CJ uses the FE mold, so that's a consideration one way or the other.

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys

I was at K-mart last night and I was tossing up weather or not I should get TFPRiDE Cliff, since I wasn't sure which one was more accurate to Show Model Cliff

To those who have seen and played with both Cliffjumpers is there any way that the legs from TFPRiDE Cliffjumper can be swapped onto FE Cliffjumper while still keeping him transformable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Also note that the Zombie CJ uses the FE mold, so that's a consideration one way or the other.
    but from what I've heard Zombie Cliff is only being released by takara and is gonna be completly blue. so I'd need to give him a new coat of paint to make him screen accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinions guys

I was at K-mart last night and I was tossing up weather or not I should get TFPRiDE Cliff, since I wasn't sure which one was more accurate to Show Model Cliff

To those who have seen and played with both Cliffjumpers is there any way that the legs from TFPRiDE Cliffjumper can be swapped onto FE Cliffjumper while still keeping him transformable?

but from what I've heard Zombie Cliff is only being released by takara and is gonna be completly blue. so I'd need to give him a new coat of paint to make him screen accurate
    Haven't seen both, but I really doubt it hey. FE Cliff is really tightly packed in alt mode, and the leg halves fold together for bot mode. You might be able to do the swap but he almost definitely won't transform.

Didn't know that about Zombiejumper, that sucks. The FE mold is pretty cleverly engineered, it's a shame most people will miss out on it.

I've seen and played with both. I really think the PRiD one is rubbish - FE is far superior. I highly doubt the legs can be swapped around as the engineering on these two toys are completely different. FE Cliffjumper is a far more satisfying Deluxe. PRiD Cliffjumper may have more show-accurate legs, but it's because that toy's transformation cheats by using faux-kibble whereas FE Cliffjumper incorporates far more of its alt mode parts into the vehicle. IMO better engineering > show accuracy. Also I reckon FE Cliffjumper looks more show accurate every where else besides the legs. And the legs don't look that bad anyway.

Anyway, here are some piccies:
    FE & PRiD Cliffjumper comparison pics
    Show model

FE Cliffy's also a slightly larger toy (robot is taller, vehicle is longer) and the vehicle lacks the unsightly holes that PRiD Cliffy has. The red plastic used on FE Cliffjumper also looks nicer that PRiD's. For the same price* you're far better off getting FE Cliffjumper. Also, PRiD Cliffjumper comes with that failtastic weapon whereas FE Cliffjumper's hands both transform into arm-guns like in the cartoon. FE Cliffjumper also has Autobot insignia silhouettes sculpted and painted on his forearms like on the cartoon model (can't remember if PRiD Cliffjumper has this too or not). So overall I find FE Cliffjumper to be more show-accurate than PRiD Cliffjumper (the latter is only more accurate with the legs, that's it).

-------------------------------------------------------
    *While you may need to pay for postage for FE Cliffjumper overseas prices are often cheaper (even moreso w/ the high AUD) - or the same as AU RRP at the most. So for essentially the same price you might as well go for FE

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------
    *While you may need to pay for postage for FE Cliffjumper overseas prices are often cheaper (even moreso w/ the high AUD) - or the same as AU RRP at the most. So for essentially the same price you might as well go for FE
    Hve you looked on eBay for anything FE lately!!??
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Hve you looked on eBay for anything FE lately!!??
    What's eBay, precious?
    I was referring to normal store prices, not inflated aftermarket prices. FE was only released in Dec/Jan... they can't be sold out in regular stores unless they're being massively scalped! But I would strongly advise never paying scalper prices. Better off getting PRiD than giving a cent to a scalper.