6 26.09%
  • Only if (something else)

2 8.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

6 26.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Autobot Drift (Deluxe)

Drift (IDW) is large for a deluxe as well, but even so there is a notable difference.

Only just realised that the larger swords store in the back pack via tabs, and not the 5mm plug. So you can have the knives in the middle and the swords on the outside of them (plugged in with the two holes in each sword). Looks cool!

I 'm not sure why but I didn't care much for this guy. The instructions were that small and poorly drawn that I had to change him by guesswork and I had a real bugger of a time getting everything to lock in place in vehicle mode, even moreso than Crosshairs.

The robot mode - well, everything is there but I just don't like him that much. For some reason the samurai (or whatever it is) face and helmet sculpt just irritates me, which is odd because I love TF's who's faces are not the norm. His rounded chest, colour scheme - none of it does it for me. The two sets of bladed weapons are not bad and I do like how you can tab them in place in his backpack, but not enough of a plus to carry him over the line. Maybe it's just because I had transformed TFSS Barricade before I opened him so he paled in comparison. Anyways, I just hope I like Drift better in the movie.

Not a bad toy, but just cant take to him - glad I only paid $15 for it.

I'm not a fan of his face either. I think the whole Samurai look on this toy, as well as the knight-themed armour on all the Autobots looks kinda camp. Yeah, I know they did something similar with Beast Wars' Transmetals and Beast Wars Neo and Car Robot (RiD)... but I guess I didn't mind it then because they were going for the same level of photorealism that I've come to expect from the live action film franchise -- none of those other toys are trying to look as alien as Bayformers. And this isn't to say that alien looking Bayformers are bad per se, but I don't think that aesthetic works quite as well with the somewhat more campy thematic robot mode thing. Also, those other lines were all toy first, so none of them were faced with the level of design challenges that AoE TFs have because they seem to be based on screen models that feel more morphing than transforming. :/

The stupid smile on his face irritates me but the rest of it is really well done. Love the colours. Love the car mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A noticeable reduction in size to the previous Deluxe Drift...
    Geez, I don't have the other Drift, but wow is that a massive difference for a deluxe

Great sculpt, really nice colours and reasonable paint apps, but oh so tiny and so many pieces (especially the back pack in robot mode) feel very fragile indeed. So-so.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

One of the rear wheels on my Drift doesn't spin properly, meaning he doesn't drive straight. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'd buy another one, but don't know if they're all that way?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I don't have that problem on mine. Swap it.

hmm haven't even bought one yet... been only after the Dinobots in this movie series. Ill see if I find one on sale later later on...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]