Thread: Europa 2016 - Place your bets!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Europa 2016 - Place your bets!

RACE IS OVER SEE POST 16 FOR FULL RESULTS

The race that stops the board is back in 2016. Lets look at some racer profiles so you can make some educated betting.

Chromia
    Model: Cybetronian Cycle
    Description: Following in the footsteps of last year's winner Arcee, Chromia is not only here to defend female equality but also to prove 2 wheels are better than four.
    Special ability: Lane filtering: if Chromia is equal place with another racer she will slip ahead gain 2 speed that leg. Also cannot roll a speed lower than 3.

Wheelie
    Model: Cybertronian Supercompact
    Description: Kid bot no belong in race you say? Wheelie says you super cray
    Special ability: Survivalist: wheelie takes no damage from attacks and gains 1 speed every time he is attacked.

Blurr
    Model: Cybertronian Speeder
    Description: A seasoned veteran and current galactic champion of both bot and alt-mode racing, Blurr has joined the Europa 2016 to show the earthlings what real racing is all about.
    Special ability: Hyperfire engine: Blurr's experimental engine means he can roll up to a speed of 8. However if he runs three consecutive legs over a speed of 6 his engine will go haywire and will run at half speed for the remainder of the race.

Drag Strip
    Model: Formula One Racer
    Description: As part of Decepticon marketing on Earth, Drag Strip has been nominated both as their champion for the race AND to get him off Cybertron. The insufferable Drag Strip hates to lose and will do anything to achieve victory.
    Special ability: Drag Reduction System: If Drag Strip is within 1 speed of the racer in front of him he will gain 3 speed that leg.

Streetwise
    Model: Police Cruiser Concept
    Description: One of the best and fairest lawmen in the Autobot ranks and is no slouch on wheels, he has entered the competition to keep the two Decepticon racers honest.
    Special ability: Hot Pursuit: +2 speed if there is/are Decepticon Racer/s anywhere ahead of him on straight legs. +1 speed if there is/are Decepticon Racer/s anywhere ahead of him on curved legs

Dirt Boss
    Model: Mini Monster Truck
    Description: This off-road menace is the one to worry about this year. He has entered the race as the Decepticon insurance policy. If they don't win, at least they'll have a handful of banged up Autobots to show for it.
    Special ability: Road Demon: Every time Dirt Boss overtakes or shares position with another racer he will run over them making them lose 2 speed. Furthermore the resulting debris slows all other racers behind him by 1 speed. Also his offroad ability gives +1 speed on curved legs.

Drift
    Model: Drift Racer
    Description: Drift is racing for great justice and redemption or something. Street courses are his speciality.
    Special ability: Tokyo Drift: +3 speed in street (City) courses.

2016 Course
    Leg 1: Central City (Straight)
    Leg 2: Paprika Plain (Straight)
    Leg 3: Carbombya City (Curve)
    Leg 4: Galata Valley(Curve)
    Leg 5: Continental Expressway (Straight)
    Leg 6: Lake Bartels (Curve)
    Leg 7: Chase Airfields (Straight)
    Leg 8: Crown City (Straight).

So who do you think will win? Each new or broke member has 50 credits they can use to bet on the race. Betting will close when the actual Melbourne Cup race starts. Race results will be posted sometime after cup day.

CURRENT PAYOUT ODDS
    NOTE: Payout odds subject the change before race time. All punters are entitled to change their betting up until the actual Melbourne Cup race time.

Win/Place Odds Based on results from 10 time trials dated 23/10/16
    Chromia: 1:3 / 1:0.5
    Wheelie: 1:10 / 1:5
    Blurr: 1:1 / 1:0.5
    Drag Strip: 1:2/ 1:3
    Streetwise: 1:7/ 1:2
    Dirt Boss: 1:10 / 1:5
    Drift: 1:3 / 1:4

Trifecta: 1:20
    Quinella: 1:11
    First 4: 1:30

Also for further clarification, this year the odds will work as follows.

1:0.5 = bet 100 credits, win 50 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:1 = bet 100 credits, win 100 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:100 = bet 100 credits, retire from transformers sportsbetting for life

The following board members have either carryover credits from previous years and/or have won credits from this year's teaser game and are either not eligible, or have already had their 50 free credits applied. Balances are shown below:

STL: 512 credits
    Ultimate Galvatron: 250 credits
    Trent: 175 credits
    Ultra Marginal: 165 credits
    Deonasis: 150 credits
    Sky Shadow: 100 credits
    Bartrim: 100 credits
    Ravagecat: 100 credits
    Sinnertwin: 100 credits
    Golden Phoenix: 100 credits
    Last edited by Lint; 2nd November 2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: carryover credits corrected, added trifecta, quinella and first 4 odds, clarification on betting odds

75 Credits on this Trifecta of Blurr, Chromia, Dragstrip (in that order)
    75 Credits on Blurr to place.

If this is wrong please tell me.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    75 Credits on this Trifecta of Blurr, Chromia, Dragstrip (in that order)
    75 Credits on Blurr to place.

If this is wrong please tell me.
    Bets are perfectly valid. You have 100 credits left to spend though, saving it for next year?

100 on Wheelie to win
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Bets are perfectly valid. You have 100 credits left to spend though, saving it for next year?
    Yeah gonna save em incase I completely stuff up my bets, lol.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Wait, so do I have to have already accumulated some points to place a bet? Or if I'm a newbie I get some nominal amount for free to start with?
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Wait, so do I have to have already accumulated some points to place a bet? Or if I'm a newbie I get some nominal amount for free to start with?
    As a newbie (or a brokey) you get 50 credits for free.

Also for further clarification, this year the odds will work as follows.

1:0.5 = bet 100 credits, win 50 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:1 = bet 100 credits, win 100 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:100 = bet 100 credits, retire from transformers sportsbetting for life