Page 123 of 194 FirstFirst ... 103113118119120121122123124125126127128133143 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    I did like the idea of Hasbro injecting some 'new blood' during Combiner Wars into well known teams, but it didn't seem to go down well with long-time fans. Maybe thats why a member of the Combaticons wasn't completely changed? (though Blast Off becoming a jet was hugely controversial)

Did anyone ever make up a gestalt of just the 'bots that Geewunners forgot'?

IE Alpha Bravo, Rook, Offroad, Blackjack, Jet Blastoff.....

You could have the Betatron/Scattorshot variant as the torso...
    My 'rejecticons' are the limbs of sky lynx.

I really like the idea of new characters and bought all four of those misfits. I would have much preferred if the 'blast off in jet mode' had been given a new name though. I have always been irritated by toys/characters with G1 names having different personalities/alt modes to their original form. I'm getting used to the idea of 'different continuities' like animated or another line, but when the line is such a clear Homage to G1, or potentially in the same 'universe as G1, I much prefer new characters to have new names. Lockdown and Lugnut and bulk head are excellent examples. I even liked Prime bulkhead as he was pretty much the same character drawn in a different manner.

I am on occasion now interested to see the 'new take' of a character like for instance the movie lockdown from DOTM.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Air Raid is the only one I can remember by sight.

A jet black F-15 is hard to go past. The rest of them are basically interchangeable.
    .... i thought that was Skydive
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Forgetting the name of an Aerialbot? I just can't fathom it - but then everything GeeOne was burnt into my brain at a key developmental stage!

Forgetting the name of one of the members of the Micromaster Construction Patrol or the Decepticon Battle Squad? Yeah, I completely understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Forgetting the name of an Aerialbot? I just can't fathom it - but then everything GeeOne was burnt into my brain at a key developmental stage!

Forgetting the name of one of the members of the Micromaster Construction Patrol or the Decepticon Battle Squad? Yeah, I completely understand that.
    I’m much like tinyJazz - can name all the other members of other gestalt teams, no sweat. Just the Aerialbots stump me.

I will admit that my knowledge of TFs is not as extensive as some others here, I think in part because I had about a 17-18 year “break” in my interest during my teens and twenties (aka the idiot years).

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Heh - same. I looked at the 86 catalog sheet so much not only do I remember all the names but in the order they were listed

Some notes on some older posts...

Evac was in Singapore universal studio store back in May. I picked one up.

And Predaking.... I had one back in the day. He was a birthday present, I had 4family members, and got a limb(body... I know Razorclaw isn’t a limb) off each. Dad used to sticker them the night before, put back in the box, and we unwrapped ready to play toys.

I realised that I had 4of 5... Headstong was missing.... one up set 4 or 5 year old.... then mum pulled one out of the closet they “didn’t know if i’d Want this one as well....”

Which all makes getting POTP Predaking a special moment too.... he was always the biggest and the best

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

And Predaking.... I had one back in the day. He was a birthday present, I had 4family members, and got a limb(body... I know Razorclaw isn’t a limb) off each. Dad used to sticker them the night before, put back in the box, and we unwrapped ready to play toys.

I realised that I had 4of 5... Headstong was missing.... one up set 4 or 5 year old.... then mum pulled one out of the closet they “didn’t know if i’d Want this one as well....”
    That's an awesome story/memory.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I had no idea the old Ozformers site was still up - came across it by accident

Heh, cool! Clicked on the old board link but got 404 Not Found error.

Galvatran Guest

So we've had Fall Of Cybertron, War For Cybertron, Power Of The Primes to name a few. When is Hasbro gonna do Freedom Under Cybertron Kup toy line?