Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Spoiler news for Transformers 3

Default Possible Spoiler news for Transformers 3

Read on if you dare

A few excerpts from Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner

"You’re going to see that great core mythology brought to the fore, and Michael is hard at work at making this a reality and we’re very excited about it,"

"What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell,"

Read more here at MTV Movies Blog

What could this mean hmmmm?

Not a lot when talking about Michael Bay being involved

What I hope it means it a focus on energon. It's such as an important part of the mythos and the first movie didn't mention it at all. The second did (the purpose of the harverster, the Decepticon protoforms etc) but we still haven't seen the Movie-verse Transformers refuel.

I hope it doesn't mean U know who. With the horns. I've already seen that movie (like a hundred times!)

Hasbro are clearly in damage control since the last two movies and want so desperately to get back to the core mythology of the franchise.

What will be interesting though is that if they (Hasbro) intend to put their stamp on the movie and not let Bay take it where he wants it to go, it could end up very messy indeed.

Somehow I can't imagine Bay folding under the demands of Hasbro and we could have what the majority of people want - Bay walks off the movie opening it up for a new director.

Just remember; you heard it here first
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Focus on story and characters? I'll believe that when I see it.

When it comes to Bay being "really well-versed in the Transformers lore" - We all know that's BS unless they mean 'His lore'.

I for one will remain open-minded with this news. We all may me pleasantly suprised.

Bay has the only credentials Paramount and Hasbro care about - highest grossing movie in America in 2009, highest earning Director for 2009, and the catalyst for some of the best sales figures for a toyline which kept Hasbro in the black, despite the recession last year.
    TF2's profit success confirmed his position as the one person who tells all the others what to do...
    Like it or not, no one at Hasbro or Paramount could now be able to go up against him and keep their job. All they can do now is suck up to him, make suggestions, and hope he keeps making them (Paramount and Hasbro) the many millions of dollars he's made for them in the past.

Possible spoiler:

It'll probably suck.

Once it's read it can never be unread!

okay i dont understand the whole hate thing everyone has with bay, in my mind tf07 was a really great movie- its what started me collecting, but yes the second did let the franchise down a bit, but really. if you dont like the movies, just dont go see them, its a s simple as that. if you want to have a completely authentic and perfect transformers movie maybe you should find 150 million and make it yourself.

bay is like Ed Wood without the passion.