Page 717 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 697707712713714715716717718719720721722727737 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I was looking over those TF Bible size charts that are floating around, and I couldn't find Sky Lynx in it.... but like Astrotrain and Broadside, the size varied depending on the episode's needs.

Speaking of scale:

What is the general consensus for the comparable size of Sixshot based on existing TF media? I don't remember him being exceptionally large in either the Headmaster or Rebirth cartoons, either Optimus or Ultra Magnus height. IDW-verse seems to have him on the same plane as Megatron and Optimus. Yet on TFW there is this group mindset that MMC Hexatron doesn't fit in the MP scale because he is too small, when he is the same height as MP-10. They say he is perfectly scaled for classics I get that the aesthetic is different, yada, yada. But size-wise it seems he is pretty bloody close to MP scale and I seriously doubt anyone else is gonna have a crack at him so I don't understand why every time Hexatron and MP get mentioned there is this massive backlash of hate

TFW is weird sometimes.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This seems to be the closest I can find to a decent scale chart for Sky Lynx. It's not great, but it's sort of workable.
    It looks like he should be around the same height as Predaking subject to what position his neck is in, with his legs the same height as PK's knees and his body the same height as PK's, well...crotch.
    His body should be about twice the size of Optimus/the Leader characters, and his neck and head around as high again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Speaking of scale:

What is the general consensus for the comparable size of Sixshot based on existing TF media? I don't remember him being exceptionally large in either the Headmaster or Rebirth cartoons, either Optimus or Ultra Magnus height. IDW-verse seems to have him on the same plane as Megatron and Optimus. Yet on TFW there is this group mindset that MMC Hexatron doesn't fit in the MP scale because he is too small, when he is the same height as MP-10. They say he is perfectly scaled for classics I get that the aesthetic is different, yada, yada. But size-wise it seems he is pretty bloody close to MP scale and I seriously doubt anyone else is gonna have a crack at him so I don't understand why every time Hexatron and MP get mentioned there is this massive backlash of hate

TFW is weird sometimes.
    It kind of is, isn't it?

The official scale chart with Sixshot can be seen here - it includes Metroplex and Trypticon so spotting him might be tricky. He's in the third row from the bottom.
    He's apparently supposed to be a head taller than Cyclonus (not including SS's wings, which make him about 3 heads taller than the Leader characters), who's a head or so (actually a pair-of-bunny-ears if we're going to get all technical) taller than Galvatron, who's the same size as Optimus and a head shorter than Grimlock.
    Except when Sixshot is a gun, or Cyclonus is a jet. Sometimes.
    So yeah, scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I prefer this one myself

I shall call him... mini me!
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

^ Akom. Nothing else comes close

Why is RID Rapid Run rarer than the other two train bots? Been trying to find him on eBay and all that comes up is Railspike and Midnight Express. Even BBTS has those two!

Do you think IDW are peeved that Hasbro are delaying (what should be) the current Generations lines?

This little pause in TF offerings (between the end of TF: Prime and the release of Movie 4) was clearly originally designed to be IDW's time to shine. Every Deluxe Generations figure slated to be released this year was to come packaged with an IDW TF Comic, be it a Spotlight issue or an issue from RID or MTMTE. For example, Waspinator comes with Issue #19 of RID. It was an obvious ploy to bring more attention to IDW's TF comics and try to get more people picking up the series'. And so they should - they're quite good.

However, with Hasbro delaying wave after wave, pushing figures further back into 2014, this relevance to then current IDW comics will be lessened. Again, using Waspinator as an example, Issue #19 of RID was first released in July of 2013, and yet Waspinator (who suffered from a pitiful first release and subsequent delays in production) won't be seen again until possibly September, by which time the issue he comes with will be 14 months old!

If I were IDW, I'd be pretty darn annoyed with these delays. Sure, their comics will eventually get seen, but the pivotal timing is so far off and the opportunity is all but lost.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Fair comment Verno, I'd imagine they're a little ticked off, but then again, surely they'll be producing movie related comics in the very near future.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Can anyone point me in the direction of scanlations for Japanese comics?
    Just got the latest Generations book, with my infiltrator Starscream, and wanted to read his story. I thought the Allspark used to have this type of stuff, but their site is redesigned and I can't find it anymore. But I may be confusing it with another site perhaps?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So unfortunately. my ROTF Bludgeon Voyger finally broke his hand. Apparently this is kind of a common issue for the standard Hasbro release, but is this something that's common for the TakaraTomy version? I'm assuming it would be, but hopeful, because it's an awesome toy, but I'm not going to risk replacing it if this will happen again.