Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What other Transformer Crossover figures or toylines could we have?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Still cant find what was on Sesame Street - but this is better! I would definitely buy these for my kid![IMG][/IMG]
    Ernie is pure nightmare material.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

like sinnertwin mentioned - definitely My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. and they should all be scramble city types. also their ultimate forms are when they combine with Princess Celestia and Nightmare moon.

there. got it out of my system.

They could do a TF/MLP crossover next year considering it's the year of the horse. Mind you, NONE of the "Year of the---" TFs have EVER been based on toys that reflect the animal of that Lunar Calendar year (e.g. Year of the Dragon TF was a truck, Year of the Snake was a excavation vehicle x battleship). They could retool/redeco Mach Kick into a MLP character... but they won't.

Well right now above my computer I have a Soundwave with a Green Pigs face and mustache I knew they were doing an Angry Birds/Transformers crossover (which I am now addicted to on my phone) but still....

...gotta admit it - Soundwave Pig - I just didn't see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    My Little Pony. Hasbro owns the IP, so licencing isnt an issue. Theyve got Lego aimed specifically for girls, why not TF? Who wouldnt want an adowable , little pink gestalt?
    I think that would be pretty creepy, a bit like the "voltron from real lions" that Fatbot has had for a while as his avatar.

I don't see a lot of the attraction with crossovers. generally the vehicle mode has to be sacrificed in some way to even allow for a robot to be possible. While a lot of the Star Wars crossovers looked nice in vehicle mode a lot still had "chubby" bits to allow for body parts to be formed out of parts that would normally be too thin. Like many others the vehicle turning into a related character just doesn't work for me. It's like a Subaru Impreza turning into an UltraMarginal.

A lot of the crossovers product has not been designed by the Transformers design team which probably has a lot to do with the mediocre transformations and robot modes.

I might be able to get behind something like a series of things like famous vehicles that transform. preferably not turning into a movie character. ecto-1, batmobile, mad car, mystery machine, General Lee, delorian just to name a few.

I'd rather pay less for a very nice representation of Star Trek vehicles that doesn't transform.

meh, overall.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Like many others the vehicle turning into a related character just doesn't work for me.

*snip*

I might be able to get behind something like a series of things like famous vehicles that transform. preferably not turning into a movie character. ecto-1, batmobile, mad car, mystery machine, General Lee, delorian just to name a few.
    ^Totally agree. The existing Crossover figures could've been a whole lot better if the robot modes weren't trying to emulate an existing character. Energon Snow Cat works so much better as a GI Joe/TF crossover figure because the robot mode isn't trying to look like Snow Job; it's just an original robot made from the vehicle.

It also doesn't make sense from a story POV for most of these characters to even have mecha resembling the pilots. Except for Tony Stark... it totally makes sense for his mech to look like Iron Man. I think it'd be cooler if the vehicles just had original robot modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My thoughts ... I was going to ask has there ever been any G.I.Joe / TF crossover toys.
    I think something along the lines of the Human Alliance toys would work.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

My 3 year old would go nuts if they did this crossover!

It'd ruin a lot of plot lines on the show - but Thomas could finally kick some fat-controller butt!

I'd go for a Steambots vs Dieselcons set

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    My 3 year old would go nuts if they did this crossover!

It'd ruin a lot of plot lines on the show - but Thomas could finally kick some fat-controller butt!
    There's a KO version that combines with some of the other trains like James and Henry to make a bigger bot that I see from time to time in the street markets. I just look at it and shudder. Sooooo sooo glad my son didn't stay in the Thomas phase for long.

I saw news recently that Takara Tomy is releasing a Toy Story combiner later in the year... I like Toy Story but I'm not a fan of them as a giant combined robot...