Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy good, reasonably cheap glass display cases

just for reference the 2 on the left are the older aldi cabinets the 3rd is the new design they bought in last year, it looks alot nicer and i believe its more like the Detolf

I use ikea billy cabinets with the glass doors.

i just bought a detolf the other day and put it together tonight, a bit uneven in a couple of spots i think lol but now to fill it up

Aldi has glass cabinets again on this sat 27th for 89.99
    https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-b...ass-cabinet-1/

Good pickup, in my opinion these are better than the Ikea detolfs because you can set the shelf heights.
    Looking at that picture these look like a fairly different design to the ones they sold last year. They look nice, wish I had room for more.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Good pickup, in my opinion these are better than the Ikea detolfs because you can set the shelf heights.
    Looking at that picture these look like a fairly different design to the ones they sold last year. They look nice, wish I had room for more.
    I got 3 of these last year, I might pick up 2 more.

Other than adjustable shelves, it comes with a lock at the top on the door, but is missing any magnet/handle. However I assume you can get something like that off ebay on the cheap anyway.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I was thinking the other day "I wonder when Aldi will have these again". This is maybe too soon though!

For those that have bought those Aldi cabinets, do you think that they are manageable to get from the store to the car, up a set of stairs and into a house all by yourself? The "39kg two people to carry" notice makes me doubt I could manage solo

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    For those that have bought those Aldi cabinets, do you think that they are manageable to get from the store to the car, up a set of stairs and into a house all by yourself? The "39kg two people to carry" notice makes me doubt I could manage solo
    Yup, under one arm and away you go. Like carrying a ladder. 40kgs isnt all that heavy, and its length means you can stand the box upright 1st then tuck it under your arm and eliminate using your back to lift it off the ground. And you're tall. If my frame can carry it, you will be a-ok.

Just be easy at the stairs, and worst case just sit them on the stairs and push em up - its length means it will slide easily (assuming the staircase is also straight).

"39kg two people" is there to satisfy OH&S requirements first and foremost
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Best have a mate Paulbot, to help you carry it in and not break your back. I was contemplating on getting 2 of those today but payday isn't til this coming Thursday ( gone by then) ... ah well at least I can always just go to IKEA and get me the white version of Detolfs , which are the ones discounted this time ( before it was the beech colored ones... you'll need 2 people for Detolfs as well as it is split into 2 flatpack boxes... I had a friend help me , drive and bring it in the house... I alone assembled it by taking the pieces out of the box and then taking each panel upstairs.. took me about half an hour assembly time for each detolf... unlike the first time , now I can assemble it easy without the need for the instruction booklet. Unless you have a good hand truck and a couple of elastic ties you can use, you can prolly get away moving them around , but yeah lifting them alone is a big No no.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]