Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MPM-03 Masterpiece Bumblebee

So still no other cheaper pre orders for the new MPM Bee and Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Actually TakaraTomy did show it off at the Wonder Festival a few months back: https://youtu.be/vWQ8n9o8Zgo?t=16381
    I musta missed that one.
    Still... the lead on these two seem to be by Hasbro so far (we even have their approximate release dates), despite the products looking and sounding like TT products.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Ehobbybaseshop have started pre-orders for the upcoming MPM Optimus and Bumblebee.

They ain't cheap. I'll wait for HLJ or Hobby Search to list.
    To pre-order in a shop here Bumblebee is HK$599 and Optimus HK$799 so ehobby is a little more expensive than I expected.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sorry to necro-bump but does anyone know if mpm03 bumblebee is...actually painted?

The initial model was but so far from tokyo toy show and last hasbro events he looks very much like yellow plastic, if that's the case my need to drop him as it looks bleh

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Sorry to necro-bump but does anyone know if mpm03 bumblebee is...actually painted?

The initial model was but so far from tokyo toy show and last hasbro events he looks very much like yellow plastic, if that's the case my need to drop him as it looks bleh
    I wouldnt be expecting paint, as the mp line seems to have dropped it for the most part. The preview toys were possibly painted prototypes.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I wouldnt be expecting paint, as the mp line seems to have dropped it for the most part. The preview toys were possibly painted prototypes.
    Uh, I know mp shockwave lacked paint but pretty much everything else after him is drenched in the stuff, like mp36...oh boy the ONE transformer design that is not paint friendly :S

I just want to use bee as a car model with an actual chevvy like paint job :c

Images of the MP Bumblebee from Taiwan with comparisons to MP Sideswipe... I think it might be out there, or a toy dealer has an early sample.

A video of this toy being transformed, and leaked instructions.

It's the second half of June, and we had a release for MP Bumblebee of June-July, and sure enough, it's now out... first found at a ToysRUs store in Singapore.
    It was S$140, which is about AU$135... or about US$100 (which is 25% more than its US retail price of US$80, so if it comes here, expect a minimum of $130).

Any word on whether that will make its way here?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.