Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I received my G1 Ramjet today in the mail...it's yellowed to all hell! ebay pics can be deceiving

I'm wanting to give it a peroxide boost, but I'm a bit concerned about the rubber nose tip? Should I be?
    The nosecone is very easy to remove. Just twist gently and pull. I wouldn't place it in the H202 but thats up to you. If you do place the cone in the liquid make sure you post your results in this thread so we can see the effect it has.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have finally decided that since it's no longer legal to import higher percentage concentrations of H202 through the mail and no longer feasible to continue purchasing lower-strength hydrogen peroxide from my chemist I have decided to cut my loses and sell my spare Fortress Maximus on evil-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/G1-Transforme...item2c5b52ff0f

I experimented with retrobright, and can say that yes it does work and is especially good on tricky areas where submerging entire pieces in chemicals is not possible, however I probably would have had more luck if I was in possession of higher concentrations than 12% H202.

If you want to see some general before and after shots then please follow the links below:

Before - when I first imported Fort Max from Japan:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5022449...7624274679859/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5022449...7624274679859/

After - now selling on ebay to cut my loses. I do however have two Fort Maxes so there will not be a void in my collection:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t=fortmax1.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t=fortmax3.jpg
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Not bad, a huge accomplishment given the size of that toy.

Erm retrobrite.... that the paste? did you use only the 3% on that, wow mustve been a huge jar
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    it's no longer legal to import higher percentage concentrations of H202 through the mail
    is this true? when and why was this made illegal? or is it only applicable to your state?

Bruticus, I believe so to a certain extent, or at least it has become more difficult to go through the regular channels. After I imported some men's cologne I had it confiscated by Australia Post domestically because it was 'dangerous and potentially flammable in transit' even after it had gone through customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australia Post email
    iThank you for your enquiry on our website.

Hydrogen Peroxides are prohibited to be carried by Australia Post as they are classed a Dangerous Good, Class 5 - Oxidising substance. Oxidising substances are themselves not necessarily combustible, however may generally cause or contribute to the combustion of other material by contributing oxygen.

Some common examples of Oxidising substances are as follows.
    - Bleaching Agents
    - Bromates
    - Chlorates
    - Disinfectants
    - Fertilisers
    - Nitrates
    - Perchlorates
    - Permanganate
    - Peroxides

Some chemicals may be sent through Australia Post providing they are not classed as a dangerous good. We recommend researching each chemical carefully before sending.

Should you have any queries in relation to the above or any other postal matter, please do not hesitate to respond by return email.

Yours sincerely,

Karin F | Digital & Contact Centres - eServices | Australia Post
    Online Services Consultant
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Bruticus, I believe so to a certain extent, or at least it has become more difficult to go through the regular channels. After I imported some men's cologne I had it confiscated by Australia Post domestically because it was 'dangerous and potentially flammable in transit' even after it had gone through customs.
    Was this a recent occurance? I'm concerned about my model paints getting in now.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Was this a recent occurance? I'm concerned about my model paints getting in now.
    As far as I can determine it has been in force from at least December 2010 to January 2011 when I last imported the men's cologne I had confiscated. I received the email above on around January 5 2011.

Ok thanks for that info. My last shipment was 12 Feb last month (including a lot of thinners ).

are that sux b*lls to hear. i should have bought more when i had the chance.