Page 362 of 481 FirstFirst ... 342352357358359360361362363364365366367372382 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

A guy i work with has been taking (the easiest) jobs out of my queue and completing them on and off this year. How many times he has done this is hard to detect although i have told him several times when it has come to my attention to ASK ME FIRST. This is not a good thing for me, as he racks up more closed tickets and i have a false sense of my true workload.

Last week i completed a job and later went to close the ticket only to find it had already been closed? Wtf? This dodgy guy took a job out of my queue, saw it was completed and still closed the ticket in his name! i have all the proof screenshotted.

To compound the matter next week is my last week at this job so it'll look like bad blood if i raise it with the boss. Also there is an opportunity to continue doing a lesser job at the same place (better than no income eh?) and i am concerned a complaint will create a rift. My natural instinct is to not rock the boat but F him and his dodgy practises!!!
    Last edited by Deonasis; 27th October 2014 at 11:35 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Still carless
    Saw some 2012 i30's today, even drove one but when I got home and looked up the previous owner, it was a company that tfaded as thrifty car rental out of mascot (airport).

Is it realistic to steer clear of ex rentals?

I think the salesman was trying to hide it from me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    A guy i work with has been taking (the easiest) jobs out of my queue and completing them on and off this year. How many times he has done this is hard to detect although i have told him several times when it has come to my attention to ASK ME FIRST. This is not a good thing for me, as he racks up more closed tickets and i have a false sense of my true workload.

Last week i completed a job and later went to close the ticket only to find it had already been closed? Wtf? This dodgy guy took a job out of my queue, saw it was completed and still closed the ticket in his name! i have all the proof screenshotted.

To compound the matter next week is my last week at this job so it'll look like bad blood if i raise it with the boss. Also there is an opportunity to continue doing a lesser job at the same place (better than no income eh?) and i am concerned a complaint will create a rift. My natural instinct is to not rock the boat but F him and his dodgy practises!!!
    That's fraud, I'd be taking it to HR if you're not comfortable with taking it to your manager. regardless of if you are thinking of coming back in a different role, the company needs to know it has people working there who take advantage of the systems and fellow workers.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Still carless
    Saw some 2012 i30's today, even drove one but when I got home and looked up the previous owner, it was a company that tfaded as thrifty car rental out of mascot (airport).

I think the salesman was trying to hide it from me as well.
    I'd steer clear of ex-rentals, there is a general stigma of rental cars being treated poorly by renters. I've got to admit on occasion I have driven them a little harder than I've driven my own car.
    they have minimum spent on maintenance so it's possible thee are underlying problems that won't show up till a year or two down the track that are a result of early maintenance negligence.

If you're not going for something new, I'd recommend something with an up to date log book, that's a sign that the previous owners cared enough to take it to regular services and probably didn't mistreat it since they were paying good dollars to make sure it was up to scratch.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

[QUOTE=

I'd steer clear of ex-rentals, there is a general stigma of rental cars being treated poorly by renters. I've got to admit on occasion I have driven them a little harder than I've driven my own car.
    they have minimum spent on maintenance so it's possible thee are underlying problems that won't show up till a year or two down the track that are a result of early maintenance negligence. [/QUOTE]

This is my primary concern. I have a 20 year old car rusting to death in the driveway and I would prefer not to waste my money on a car with hidden or underlying defects. Otherwise, once detsiled they certsinly look ok, although many were grubby in places with driving heal wesr patterns, especially 2 year old cars.

[QUOTE= If you're not going for something new, I'd recommend something with an up to date log book, that's a sign that the previous owners cared enough to take it to regular services and probably didn't mistreat it since they were paying good dollars to make sure it was up to scratch.[/QUOTE]

This is the dream, not having a car does make it difficult to find a deal I am happy with

The OCD tends to get in the way too (I invite you to giggle ) but it does flag all the little things like googling the previous owner etc

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    If it's one that I've driven in the past, then yes. Steer clear. It's amazing how far you can push a Camry when you don't care about the tyres/engine/gearbox/brakes/etc
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Another frustrating transaction with the Ebay Global Shipping Program...

Scrolling from the bottom to the top (below), the item was bought in California on the 11th and dropped off at Fedex the same day. Fedex sent it in the opposite direction to Kentucky on the eastern side of America, which I was hoping is the Fedex sorting centre. It sat there until the 14th, when it was then sent back to LA in California, and sat there until the 17th... until they finally passed it off to another delivery company I've never heard of before (WN Direct).
    It now has a new tracking number on their site, and it says it is still waiting to be loaded onto the next VAustralia flight, which means I won't see it before Monday the 24th.
    So much for the "express" in "Fedex" when they sit on parcels for 3 days at a time.

In Transit with Destination Carrier
    Nov-17-14, 13:49 PM, LOS ANGELES 4109
    Nov-17-14, 13:15 PM, TPC LA 4109
    Nov-17-14, 11:46 AM, TPC LA 4109
    Shipped from Shipping Center to International Destination
    Nov-14-14, 22:01 PM, Erlanger
    Customs Documentation and Labeling
    Nov-14-14, 15:26 PM, Erlanger
    Processing at Shipping Center
    Nov-14-14, 15:13 PM, Erlanger
    Arrived at US shipping Center
    Nov-14-14, 11:48 AM, Erlanger, KY 41018
    In Transit-Arrived at FedEx location
    Nov-13-14, 21:05 PM, INDEPENDENCE, KY 41051
    In Transit-Next scheduled tracking update: Nov 13, 2014
    Nov-11-14, 14:32 PM, BLOOMINGTON, CA 92316
    In Transit-Left FedEx origin facility
    Nov-11-14, 13:09 PM, CARSON, CA 90746
    In Transit-Arrived at FedEx location
    Nov-11-14, 03:47 AM, CARSON, CA 90746
    In Transit-Picked up
    Nov-11-14, 02:01 AM, CARSON, CA 90746
    In Transit-Tendered at FedEx location
    Nov-11-14, 01:35 AM, RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CA 90275

RIP Phillip Hughes

Some scumbag stole my shoes.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Some scumbag stole my shoes.
    That I don't get. Just curious, what were they? Gym shoes, 8-inch stilettos?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    That I don't get. Just curious, what were they? Gym shoes, 8-inch stilettos?
    Overnight, from outside my front door. Sneakers that I had been wearing for about 2 months.