Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 182833343536373839404142434858 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Staple diet during my uni days! Nowadays eat it every now & then, especially after a big TF loot.
    (you can buy the noodles for cheaper at Asian groceries ).
    I used to get them at my local asian groceries for 35c a packet or $12 for a box of 40 - this was a couple of years ago but don't know if inflation's pushed the prices up.

Damn... on tonight's Chow Masters episode it was all about Mac & Cheese, and one place made these square, battered "patties" out of Macaroni Cheese, which then becomes the bun halves of a massive "sumo" burger.
    If that sounds disgusting, having the cameraman go close-up on the guys eating it might put you off, as there is stuff squishing out everywhere.
    Still... San Francisco is now on my list of places to visit.

Sitting here cramming in a half litre tub of Hippy Chippy Packed ice cream, what is that you ask???
    Well it's vanilla ice cream with salted caramel goo and jam packed with choc coated potato chips!!!

Taste bud overload

Coles came out with a lot of new ice-creams about a month ago, and those "Packed" ones have some unusual flavours, but very expensive.
    I tried a couple when they were on sale a while back, and I think the Chippy one was one.
    Their Coles branded ones are also very nice, and a lot cheaper.

Between those four new icecream ranges, the freezer section is starting to look like American grocery stores. (still a long way to go though, with their 50 odd flavours)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Coles came out with a lot of new ice-creams about a month ago, and those "Packed" ones have some unusual flavours, but very expensive.
    I tried a couple when they were on sale a while back, and I think the Chippy one was one.
    Their Coles branded ones are also very nice, and a lot cheaper.

Between those four new icecream ranges, the freezer section is starting to look like American grocery stores. (still a long way to go though, with their 50 odd flavours)
    I've tried a fair few of them. Some of them have some really nice flavors. The popcorn one I had was a little odd though. It was nice, but soggy popcorn in the ice cream was a little weird. I still ate it though

The popcorn one was indeed weird, and so was the peanut butter one was. My favourite is the Chocolate one, but didn't try the liquorice one, lemon meringue one or Banana split one.

Those "packed" ice-creams are half price this week at Coles.... so try some of them if you can (before Tuesday).
    There are five varieties, and each one looks to have three textures - a flavoured icecream, a sauce or fudge, and a solid chew or crunch item scattered through it.

Lemon meringue you say.....

I'm off to Coles then.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Coffee one with choc chips was so good. Lemon meringue how ever, I loved it. But everyone I know who likes lemon meringue has hated it so far. Either way though, I think it was bloody damn good.

Megatran Guest

^ Holy mother of Primus. How did you tackle the burger Soundwarp?