Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

I am somewhat disapointed but not fully as I kind of expected this. It would have been designed by the same people that gave us PCCs and with all the added corporate restrictions so this result is logical.

I don't think it's that mistransformed, that's the proportions it's got. Not great but I am pretty sure that it is a limitation of the designer's capabilities with the added Hasbro cost cutting impositions.

Certainly no 3rd party usurper which is kind of disappointing but I guess it was unrealistic to expect something half as good. At least it will be reasonably priced (not in Australia of course ) and the individual robot modes look pretty decent (Onslaught remains to be seen).

The Hasbro colors suck in a very 'Universe Dinobot' sort of way (specially Vortex) so I may wait for a Japanese release that will hopefully have more accurate colors. Although I wouldn't mind getting this set, the full picture certainly doesn't put it in a 'Must have now!' category.

You know what? I am pretty sure a 3rd party will come up with a 3rd party kit that will make this set awesome beyond believe like it happened with ROTF/Universe Bruticus resetting events for a whole new generations of fans

I won't say he's ruined as such.... but I guess I wasn't expecting this with all those great teaser shots. Vortex looks like a Chinese new year repaint!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I won't say he's ruined as such.... but I guess I wasn't expecting this with all those great teaser shots. Vortex looks like a Chinese new year repaint!
    The colors make him look like a cheap $2 knock off.

Someone at TFW photoshopped an image (You may need to be a member or logged in to view it):

(hotlinked image removed)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...igure-blue.jpg

The colors alone make a huge improvement. A lot of the bad it's the stupid colors (will they ever learn?)

BTW: I know that there is a CGI character model of Vortex with similar colors but it looks better there than in toy form but still not my preference.
    Last edited by griffin; 9th February 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Colour change or not, that is one imposing bot I seriously don't see where all this fan-rage is coming from. Yeah, it's not perfect (Onslaught should have been a Voyager), but I'm still buying it because IT IS Bruticus not some 3rd party interpretation.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yeah, it's not perfect (Onslaught should have been a Voyager), but I'm still buying it because IT IS Bruticus not some 3rd party interpretation that happens to be a lot better.

Sorry I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sorry I couldn't help myself
    I was waiting for that

In all seriousness though, I fail to see how it could be better as it is Hasbro's IP / design. Anything else is just an imitation. For that reason, it's also unfair to compare official product to 3rd party. Of course, that's just my opinion and for the record, I do like not-Bruticus however he would be out of place in my collection.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I was waiting for that

In all seriousness though, I fail to see how it could be better as it is Hasbro's IP / design. Anything else is just an imitation. For that reason, it's also unfair to compare official product to 3rd party. Of course, that's just my opinion and for the record, I do like not-Bruticus however he would be out of place in my collection.
    Yep, ironically enough it is unfair as logically one would think that the company with the largest financial resources would be able to give you the better product but that is not the reality of the corporate world.

As I previously mentioned, this Bruticus would have needed to conform to corporate factors such as cost cutting and executive agendas. The Has-Tak designers lack the freedom of focusing exclusively on a single creative vision unlike the 3rd parties who don't have to deal with any or all of those imposed factors. It is possible that the concept design for this Bruticus was once outstanding and ambitious but after it got hit with the corporate hammer, it became what it is.

It is still good that we are actually getting a proper combiner from Hasbro and that contributes to my eventual purchase of this mold. It may be flawed and not as impressive as the 3rd parties but one can't deny that this is a proper combiner unlike PCCs and that horrible Supreme Devastator. Despite it's shortcomings, I am glad they made it which is something we were previously told would not happen.

do like not-Bruticus however he would be out of place in my collection.
    An interesting thing that I was just thinking. A lot of the 3rd party stuff are upgrades to official toys like Protector, Bruticus Maximus, etc. Since the official toy is still there unmodified with just extra accessories, does it really count as 'Not-***'? I can understand it for stand alone figures like Defender as 'Not Springer' but for toys like Protector, there is still an official Rodimus in there as the core figure (Same with G2 Prime and CC) and FP Bruticus is still composed of 3/5 official Hasbro figures.

So if I implement Gok's 'Universal Counting method' Protector and City Commander would still count as 1 each, FP Bruticus as 3 and FP Superion as 5 (since all Hasbro figures are used).
    Last edited by kup; 9th February 2012 at 01:33 PM.

I love it! Though PCC looking It's still an offcial Combiner.. finally! Just hope those connectors are indedd strong enough. Hmmm I like both the flying vehicle alt modes ( yes, I like Injector coz he looks weird) VOrtex reminds me as well of Switchblade from Mask for some reason. Hope they make more combiner teams - e.g Aerialbots and Protectobots... Autobots need combiners too.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Groan....