Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 5 release date rumour

Google transformers 5, saw something on facebook n got me wondering lol but who knows could be all cobblers i guess we'll have to wait n see

When posting new you need to post a source or link. If not an official source like Paramount or Hasbro it has to be treated and titled as a rumour.

It looks a like a few sites are reporting similar things, but it's a lot of random entertainment sites - none of the big/important/trusted ones. I think many are actually treating other similar sites rumours as sources.

If any of this is true it'd be interesting but I think they'll keep the Joe and TF franchises separate. There's funny pick and mix assortments of new TF "characters" that are supposed to be in this thing too.

I would have been excited about a Bruce Willis film 20 years ago, now he's just an annoying old man with an attitude problem. If this turns out to be true, it would actually dampen my excitement for TF5.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    When posting new you need to post a source or link. If not an official source like Paramount or Hasbro it has to be treated and titled as a rumour.
    Fair enough mate

Noting a source just helps the rest of us evaluate if the news is rumour, legit, or plausible.

I remember how people were claiming to have the trailer for TF4 in mid-2011, some three years before the movie was released (it had the transforming passenger plane from a Japanese movie and clips from other movies like Batman), but it was all just a hoax for attention... and it worked, because non-fans (like people at my workplace) thought it was real.
    (that person got over 12 million hits to that fake trailer, so was a good investment for something that would have been quick and cheap to produce)

Hasbro have noted that TF5 will be in 2017, and if it was brought forward to 2016 I think we would have heard something by now, as pre-production and casting would have already started.

I would agree with what some others have said, if this is a legit announcement, then it is more likely to be an announcement for the next GIJoe movie, as those were the two big names in the second one... and someone has mixed up the two toy properties.

Another article stating that the release date for TF5 will be 2017.
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm
    According to this article, the new director will be Jonathan Liebesman, who among other films, directed Battlefield: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans, and last year's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As ridiculous as TMNT was, it's still a much better adaptation of that franchise than the Bay films were of Transformers. Seriously. (-_-) As weird as seeing Michelangelo constantly hitting onto April O'Neil was, if Bay had directed it... it would've been much worse.

Now... characters...

CHARACTER SPOILERS AHEAD

Ultra Magnus
    Override
    Red Alert
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Blitzwing

News of Ultra Magnus appearing in the next film greatly excites me! I hope this means that Optimus Prime will stay in space and take a back seat for most of (if not all) of the film and allow Ultra Magnus to take lead against Galvatron on Earth. Adding Cyclonus and Scourge as Galvatron's underlings sounds cool.

Of course, hearing that The Fallen was going to appear in the second movie made me massively excited, and that turned out to be a great disappointment, so...

...better not jump to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    According to this article, the new director will be Jonathan Liebesman, who among other films, directed Battlefield: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans, and last year's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Groan. Bay's protege.
    On the plus side, I did enjoy Wrath of the Titans for it's brainless fun.
    If true, I might be happ(ier) than when I watched TF4

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is just entertainment now, the story is way to late to be saved.

I haven't seen anything of his just yet, so I'm going to withhold judgement. I'd be far more concerned about the script.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is just entertainment now...
    Isn't that the whole point of the franchise (besides selling toys, that is)?