Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APRIL 2015 Japanese (and HK excl) toy items

Updated listing with newest items, and will post up the May listings in a few days time (as all the April stuff is now out).

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    TAV - the JP versions of the recent Generations Legends - the two of them plus the lockdown redeco are "Order Stop" as of a minute ago.

It looks like HLJ either doesn't get large shipments of each figure, or receive a crapload of orders.
    yeah, just had a look too. TAV 15, 16, 17 are goneskis, but i managed to get a TED6 and canned my BBTS preorder

That G1 Optimus is too CUTE! Must have him for my collection!!!

Megatran Guest

It's so frustrating these JP TF toys are available as a preorder at non-JP online stores (USA, HK) as soon as the news breaks but appear on the JP online sites (such as HLJ) much, much later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    It's so frustrating these JP TF toys are available as a preorder at non-JP online stores (USA, HK) as soon as the news breaks but appear on the JP online sites (such as HLJ) much, much later on.
    I think it's something to do with the Japanese retailers respecting embargoes TT put on them. HK retailers and BBTS don't seem to respect it. Odd that BBTS doesn't since they respect Hasbro's embargoes.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

They show up on non-JP stores first because they want to lock in pre-orders first before exact date or even price details are known (even with some at rumour stage), as people are less likely to jump to another store if it is only a couple dollars difference... so first in often gets to keep most of their early-bird, desperate buyers.
    The JP stores wait until they know the release date and exact price before listing their preorders.

So it's not about JP stores holding off to be frustrating, it's the non-JP stores being greedy to lock in customers before items are even confirmed.