Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: KO MP Ratbat

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My, how times have changed. It used to be 'KO = EVIL'. I never thought I'd read a thread like this.
    They still are. Some would consider them the 'lesser evil' now.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My, how times have changed. It used to be 'KO = EVIL'. I never thought I'd read a thread like this.
    Exactly. I got a PM from the admins saying "don't post KO acquisitions here, if at all - we do not condone them blah blah."

But it definitely got me thinking about how KOs are slowly making their way up the ranks along side of the 3rd party stuff. Members here are definitely starting to become more and more interested in this stuff now because we're not getting what we want from Has/Tom.

KO Ratbat is no exception. Like many here, he is my first KO ever and I'm more than happy with the figure. If Has/Tom continue to try to make us pay for figures by paying for more expensive figures that we do not want - then i'll be sending more money to the KO manufacturers more often...

MP ratbat is definitely a figure I would have wanted a legit version of. But not at the cost of a Soundblaster that I am not interested in...

Got mine, agree with everybody here that it's awesome.

Seems to be obvious choice if you don't want Soundblaster.

Megatran Guest

Anakin Skywalker started out innocent enough. We all know where the dark side led him.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Exactly. I got a PM from the admins saying "don't post KO acquisitions here, if at all - we do not condone them blah blah."
    *snip*
    Is that really necessary to post a private message between you & another forum member. *shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Is that really necessary to post a private message between you & another forum member. *shakes head*
    It's known to most members here that KO's are not condoned here and he was just reminding me. I was pointing out and agreeing with others that people here are starting to be more and more interested in KO's when there was a time that it wasn't nearly the case. And I didn't mention anyone's name to embarrass them or single them out. Stop trying to suck up admin's ass. *Shakes head*? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Anakin Skywalker started out innocent enough. We all know where the dark side led him.

Yeah in one of the most nonsensical and mediocre character arcs ever.

I can only dream that one day, Disney would erase Episodes I-III from existence.

I like eps 123

And in other non related new the teaser trailer for 7 is this weekend. Did I say I love high end KOs

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I like eps 123

And in other non related new the teaser trailer for 7 is this weekend. Did I say I love high end KOs
    Does this qualify as a 'High End' KO?

Seems more like some clever chinese person taking advantage of Has-Tak's abysmal decisions.

I believe this is due to you posting it in the monthly acquisitions thread dedicated for official toy/item acquisitions... there is a dedicated thread for the 3rd party (and KOs ;p) acquisitions. Had you prolly posted it there then no pm reminder would've been given.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Yes, that's because Hasbro could choose to sue the person who runs this site (and pays for it, I might add) or the individual making the posting.

Whether Hasbro are doing a good job or a poor job is ... debatable. We all know the realities of the KO market - but that doesn't change the fact that KOs are an intellectual property violation and one that'd be very hard if not impossible to defend in court.

I've recently seen (on another forum) an example of a multinational do something similar to an individual just recently; it was bullying & very much overkill but the IP laws favour the company, not the individual. The sum involved was peanuts to the company but a massive slug to the guy involved. It wasn't the site owner that they went after, either - it was the guy who made a posting.

OzFormer's limited tolerance of KOs is the to protect all of us & not to spoil the fun; just keep that in mind, guys.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister