Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The best Generations figures

My favourites would be -

Henkei Tracks
    Henkei Jazz
    Classics Jetfire
    Classics Cyclonus
    Henkei Astrotrain

Really, you can't go too wrong sticking with this line.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My favourite would have to be Classics Jetfire.

Oh jeez I forgot all about Cyclonus!!... so take Thunderwing down to special mentions in my list and replace with Cyclonus. uber poseable and a TMN partner with elbows too! Though I prefer the purple colors cheme with the Rodimus 2 pack.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Interesting thoughts... to pick the best out of Classics/Universe/RTS/Generations...

My top three:
    1. Classics Jetfire - I keep going back to this guy! With more modern design, he'd have better feet, but even from 2006, this is one awesome figure!
    2. Universe Cyclonus - Pretty much my fav character, so I'm biased, but this toy is a superb update. Prefer the Battle in Space 2-pack colors myself.
    3. Universe Sideswipe - so well executed, and we got Sunstreaker and Red Alert as well!

So few mentions have been from actual Generations line... if I had to pick from there, top 3 would be:
    1. Drift - I'm a bit of race junkie, and this just plays too well to recent stuff in other media (Initial-D, F&F Tokyo Drift, NFS games, etc).
    2. Cybertronian Bumblebee - Really love both the car and robot modes here, plus the current comic look is based on this guy (urrr... I think we got a game as well...).
    3. Thundercracker - I mention this version of an old mold coz I think he looks like best out of the six G1 seekers I have.

Honorable mentions:
    Classics Optimus Prime (of course!)
    Universe Smokescreen (for the colours)
    Universe Hound (near perfect!)
    RTS Tracks
    Generations Kup

I think it says a lot that nobody has mentioned any of the Fall of Cybertron figures!
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Cyclonus
    Hound
    Starscream Seeker mold. Thundercracker's my current favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    I think it says a lot that nobody has mentioned any of the Fall of Cybertron figures!
    +1. Toys that are made as toys > toys 'reverse engineered' from a screen model IMHO.

Given that you asked in terms if display...

1) henkei astrotrain
    2) BiS cyclonus
    3) classics jetfire

Overall I might rank a bit different, but these 3 are probably my favs for display.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Darkside Megatron was my fourth favourite - third if I only count Lugnut once. (I guess the War For Cybertron was better than the Fall?)

For me, it'd have to be:
    RTS Cyclonus
    Ace Seeker Starscream (lovely )
    United Megatron (silver gun)

Honourable mentions to Gens foc Magnus, Cybertronian Megatron and United Rumble/Frenzy.

I think the whole Generations line was pretty well done, but a few really stuck out as faves for me:

1.) Wheeljack - great colour scheme, clever transformation and my favorite character!

2.) Jetfire - great update of the classic figure, love the use of a helmet to transitiion between the original figure's look and having a face like skyfire from the G1 cartoon

3.) Warpath - he's a tank. Yes he has Popeye arms, but he's a tank!