Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics Reviews: Lost Light

I'm more interested in the Lug and Anode reveal. Surely it's a red herring or something because it seems like wasted characterisation so far, it has to have some point of importance down the line. That's what I love about Roberts, you never take anything at face value.

The Rung reveal was interesting and not what I expected. How it plays into what we have seen in the old MtMtE stuff will be interesting.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The Lug reveal blew my freakin' mind! M.Night-Shyamalam'd!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I won't spoil it by telling everyone what Rung's secret is, but I can tell you what the secret isn't, and it's his alt mode. The big reveal has nothing to do with his transformation whatsoever. All hail the useless one.
    Well not necessarily. I took it that we found out the his alt mode is a photonic crystal creator. He can also do it in robot mode but I presume it's just more efficient/controled when in alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Lug reveal blew my freakin' mind! M.Night-Shyamalam'd!
    That was an example of what I'd seen guessed earlier so I'd been looking out for it.

Who was left behind in issue 6 was not who I would have ever picked, I expected lots more stories to involve them or be about them.

I know we will be meeting this parralel universe again someday (as long as Roberts is in control) so I'm sure they'll be seen again...

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I'm more interested in the Lug and Anode reveal. Surely it's a red herring or something because it seems like wasted characterisation so far, it has to have some point of importance down the line. That's what I love about Roberts, you never take anything at face value.

The Rung reveal was interesting and not what I expected. How it plays into what we have seen in the old MtMtE stuff will be interesting.
    I feel that Anode and Rung unique talents will come into play later

Tailgate!

When/if Cyclonus ever finds out what happened maybe he will kill Whirl in the end after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Tailgate!

When/if Cyclonus ever finds out what happened maybe he will kill Whirl in the end after all.
    Whirl was acting in Cyclonus' best interests though, also I don't believe that we've seen the last of Tailgate

We’re a little light on commentary of the recent books but I’m sure people are reading at different rates.

Today’s new issue was a bit disappointing to me in that it rushed through several climatic events without enough time to breathe. It’s the first issue that felt to me like the series cancellation has forced a rushed ending... although there’s still a five parter left so maybe it won’t be completely rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We’re a little light on commentary of the recent books but I’m sure people are reading at different rates.

Today’s new issue was a bit disappointing to me in that it rushed through several climatic events without enough time to breathe. It’s the first issue that felt to me like the series cancellation has forced a rushed ending... although there’s still a five parter left so maybe it won’t be completely rushed.
    The Unicron announcement has killed lost light, they have had to rush through things and make massive shortcuts to make all the ends meet. All the architect and Tyrest stuff feels forced and tacked on now rather than flowing into the story from what we would’ve seen in other stories buildings to it.

It’s still the best book IDW have out as Prime is affected even more so by the forced rush to fit in Unicron (even though it does not have the extra long arc planning lost light has) and Unicron is just meh from story to art to timing.

On a side note, I did enjoy the pic of Rodimus coming out of the flames, and the end of Getaway was not what I was expecting.