Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Medical Records opt in/out

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In Singapore it was already hacked.
    Very big issue.

Thread Necromancy due to relevance.

It's been super quiet in the media, but for those who are still unaware (as I was until yesterday), today is the final day for Opting Out of the My Health Record. After today, the Government will create one for everyone who hasn't Opted Out of this.

I had a very informed read of this last night and a good discussion with my other half and we are deciding not to Opt Out. The privacy and security appears solid (as solid as you can for a new system anyway) and the potential benefits, for us, outweigh the risks, along with the access control they're saying users will have.

Im not too concerned. According to the news this morning, the government has announced that you can still choose to opt out after today if you choose to do so.

I'm concerned that the guy running the show was running the UK system that was shut down for selling information to big pharma. (at least that's what I've heard happened)

I've also not seen an e-system implemented in Australia, properly handle throughput, or peak loads successfully in my entire life without some failure.

I know how hard we and the Gov. work to keep military information however trivial secret/not shared with people who don't need to see it. And that's a network of people who are threatened by fines, loss of jobs, jail time, or companies losing multi million dollar contracts.

I can see staff at random pharmacy/doctors office being blasé and not properly storing, saving or recording personal health data. sure doctors and nurses can be relied upon, mostly, but they will have no choice to palm off this work to staff who aren't invested.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)