Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOTM Blu-Ray, DVD, 3D Blu-Ray out in Australia NOV 10th

TV ads for this tonight. Get it at Kmart it said (goes with Kmart stores sticking 'out on DVD' stickers on all their DOTM toys).

A review in the newspaper today says "Diehards will be disappointed with the glaring lack of extras".

Yeah, a week or so ago I asked JB Hi Fi and they said that the DVD doesn't come with any extras.

Ok, To clear things up, Nelson from Michael Bay.com has said there will be three editions of Dark of the Moon released:

The first is just the movie. (Nov 10)

The second is the 2-disc Special Edition set.

And the 3rd is the trilogy (6 disc) in a special metal encasement. There might be different versions of this across the globe. (December)

That box in the form of the Autobot logo is one of the early concepts for the the international trilogy. (December)

So to clarify, the release in 4 days will be the bare bones dvd and blu ray. Hold out for a few weeks and we'll get the good stuff in abundance!!

Hope this helps...

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view...e-transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    We better be getting another Transforming 2-disc set. I've got optimus and Bumblebee already, I don't want to have another Iron Man style discrepancy on my hands.
    Thirded

So is the two disc version due out on the 10th as well or just some random time down the track? I thought there was a 3D Bluray as well?

This whole thing makes no sense to me. Paramount probably think they are being clever releasing a 'bare-bones' version first and then people feel compelled to buy the special edition just for the extra content. This is just going to have the opposite effect and drive people to online torrent sites if they haven't already, especially considering this movie has already been out for over a month in other countries.

Don't get me wrong, like most people here I'll buy my transforming case to fit with the first two movies, I just can't wrap my head around their reasoning for the above.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

According to the Sanity website, the 3D version doesn't have a release date yet, but is sometime in 2012. The other two versions (regular DVD & Bluray) are being released November 10th.

It also lists some comparison prices for those wondering what each version may be on their release date.
    Regular DVD - $25
    Bluray triplepack (includes regular DVD & downloadable copy) - $30 (an extra $5 gets you the bluray and a digital copy)
    3D Bluray - $40

I was going to email Paramount Australia for more info, but their website lacks any contact details outside of a postal address.

Just got an SMS from JB Hi Fi. My DOTM DVD is in. I'll ask if there's a special features one coming out later ... I'd rather hold off and get that.

From s4te:

blu-ray.com has an American release date of Dec. 6th for the 3D release - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf...Blu-ray/26038/

Hopefully this means the Australian release won't be too far behind.

Just saw the DVD version of DOTM at Kmart in Melton for $18 they had a bunch of them