Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

I'm still hooked on the thread dangled by the end of series three: As the Master's pyre burns, his ring falls from the corpse and is picked by by a female hand wearing red nail polish. As she lifts it, we hear the Master's manicial laughter.

Master not dead yet?

And where was the Tardis that took him to the end of the universe?

Hmmm.

Maybe the Doctor is the last of the Time Lord's just yet?...
    Me Grimlock no bozo - me king!

I'm still hooked on the thread dangled by the end of series three: As the Master's pyre burns, his ring falls from the corpse and is picked by by a female hand wearing red nail polish. As she lifts it, we hear the Master's manicial laughter.

Master not dead yet?

And where was the Tardis that took him to the end of the universe?

Hmmm.

Maybe the Doctor is the last of the Time Lord's just yet?...
    The writter said he had no plans to bring the Master back, but wanted to leave the window open. Although if the series goes long enough maybe we'll see the Master return. The Tardis that took him to the end of the universe was the Doctors wasn't it? He did steal it afterall.

I like this spoof. The actor playing Tony Blair is Jon Culshaw who also plays the Fourth Doctor in other spoofs like (this one*).

[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/images/173/deadringerstv1.jpg
    Yet another Dead Ringers clip! I know this is a Doctor Who thread, but Dead Ringers is another British show seriously worthy of praise.

And they don't just do Doctor Who they also spoofed Torchwood
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IRk7USidcYE

Ah but there's the thing - yes, the Master stole the Doctor's Tardis, but it could only go from the end of the universe, to the present day. How did the Master go from being released on Gallifrey to when they met him?

He didn't have the Doctor's Tardis at that stage. The writer has also (jokingly) refered to the female hand, as the Hand of the Rani. He's also said it was done to give future writers a means of bringing the Master back if they wanted to.
    Me Grimlock no bozo - me king!

I watched a story from the Second Doctor last night. I'd never seen a series of episodes that were so old before, and from what I've read today "Tomb of the Cybermen" is considered a classic story by the fans. The Second Doctor is more likeable than the photos of him ever made him appear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Me Grimlock! View Post
    Ah but there's the thing - yes, the Master stole the Doctor's Tardis, but it could only go from the end of the universe, to the present day. How did the Master go from being released on Gallifrey to when they met him?
    well that would have occured during the Time war

In the novel 'the 8 Doctors' the master hides his TARDIS in the vortex

Simple explanation would have been The Master using a Tardis (either one provided by The Time Lords to help fight in the war or one he stole) and fleeing to the future.

Once he got there and used the chameleon thingy to make him human and remove his memories, he would have simply forgotten about it.

So when he got his memories and Time Lord DNA back he no doubt would have remembered his Tardis, but he also would have remembered how much he hated The Doctor. He had The Doctor's Tardis, so why risk making a break for his own when he can still his most hated enemy's and leave The Doctor stranded at the end of the universe

So somewhere, at the end of the universe, is another Tardis. Sitting there, locked down, and lost.

For those who may not know, season 2 of The Sarah Jane Adventures started in the UK last week and season 1 is set to start on the 31st October on Nickelodeon. If you haven't seen it it's aimed at kids but if you're a DW fan you should find it pretty enjoyable.

I just rewatched "Utopia" last night. Professer Yana tells that he was found as a child with nothing but the watch. So if he got there in a TARDIS it's long gone since he moved around the galaxy as he grew up.

It's not easy to destroy a Tardis though, so regardless of how long it had been abandoned (anywhere from 60 to a bit over a century) it would no doubt be still out there somewhere.

Unless The Master wanted to hide THAT much that he did destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I just rewatched "Utopia" last night. Professer Yana tells that he was found as a child with nothing but the watch. So if he got there in a TARDIS it's long gone since he moved around the galaxy as he grew up.
    Or that could have been a false memory thanks to the chameleon arm thingy

Maybe he just made an emergency temporal shift, that can't be Dalek only technology.