Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MP-9 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    this would be it considering its limited to one location, now someone remind me, is it limited to china specifically or hong kong (I was told they're treated differently :S)
    It must be even tighter than just being a regional exclusive, as we've seen Sinophone* exclusives before that weren't priced like this IIRC. It may be because it's a Sinophone store exclusive that are made in fewer numbers. This is why the TakaraTOMY MPs sold at TRUs here were so expensive, they were released here in small volumes.

There was going to be another MP released this year, but that's obviously not happened because all know what happened to TRU. Kinda annoying for me because I've done the translation work for this toy but I haven't been "paid" with the figure Hasbro AU never received any stock. :/ (I still can't say what this toy is because last I heard Hasbro were looking for another retail buyer to take it). Encore God Fire Convoy was also really expensive. My guess is that it was also a limited run (shame that it was mired by all kinds of QC issues). And this would probably be why the MP Coneheads were so expensive being TakaraTOMY Mall exclusives.

Gah... I miss the days when limited exclusives were the same price as their regular store counterparts (e.g. eHobby exclusives etc.). Maybe that model wasn't financially viable. <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    <mic drop>
    Obviously a typo (that I'm not proud of), which I've fixed. I'd appreciate it if you could fix your quoted post as well if you don't mind.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Original RRP was 16800JPY, or 17640JPY if we include tax, which works out to be AU$220 today - although the Aussie Dollar was really strong in 2011, at times reaching if not even exceeding parity against the USD, so it was more like $200. I was in China when this toy came out and I remember seeing it in Beijing, and if I'd bought it at the time it would've worked out to be about an even $200. But yeah, even at current exchange rates it'd be around $220.
    But only one of those sites has it at ridici bucks. RK and the other have it at 190 US. I must admit that I've been dealing in yen for a while now and my knowledge of exchange rates isn't good, but 190 USDollerydoos isn't that bad

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Don't you get tired of recycling the same old "oh I don't pay more than original RRP" argument? You even apply it to vintage G1 collecting in 2018. How does that even hold water?
    It never has

...I don't understand why this reissue is so overpriced -- well above its original RRP. :/
    Given that people seem to be happy to pay up to $700 or $800 on eBay for the original release, Takara could have charged a lot more and still sold a lot of product.

I've never understood why the secondary market was so high for this guy, especially since the newer version of MP hot rod, but also taking into account all the complaints about the QC of the original.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But MP Hot Rod is Hot rod, is not Rodiums.

I wish TT just sold parts to fix the issues. Mine just stays in robot mode balancing the gun hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've never understood why the secondary market was so high for this guy, especially since the newer version of MP hot rod, but also taking into account all the complaints about the QC of the original.
    QC issues which Hasbro largely addressed with MP Rodimus Prime
    i.e.
    thicker weapon tabs that allow Roddy to hold onto the weapons properly
    better paint on the spoiler that's not as prone to scratching when being inserted and removed from the trailer (even if it didn't come with one).

Refer to this thread where 1AZRAEL1 and I compared TakaraTOMY's and Hasbro's MP9s.

But yeah, most if not all of the work has already been done for them by Hasbro.

QC issues which Hasbro largely addressed with MP Rodimus Prime
    i.e.
    thicker weapon tabs that allow Roddy to hold onto the weapons properly
    better paint on the spoiler that's not as prone to scratching when being inserted and removed from the trailer (even if it didn't come with one).

Refer to this thread where 1AZRAEL1 and I compared TakaraTOMY's and Hasbro's MP9s.

But yeah, most if not all of the work has already been done for them by Hasbro.
    This thread is full of QC issues for the Hasbro Rodimus (though some people note no issues with theirs). I have it but have left him boxed given all the stuff I heard about it. Would love to get MP-09 and display it assuming we hear good news on the QC.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...437472/page-39

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    This thread is full of QC issues for the Hasbro Rodimus (though some people note no issues with theirs). I have it but have left him boxed given all the stuff I heard about it. Would love to get MP-09 and display it assuming we hear good news on the QC.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...437472/page-39
    You can try the latest one, But my version one is very bad. So bad that is my No.1 worse MP toy I nominated. I think Tracks and Road Rage share between 2nd and third place.

The Hasbro version however was a lot better.

I got really lucky with my V1 Rodimus. The only issue I have is the one that all V1s have which is the slot for the wing is too narrow and would take the paint off the wing. That issue was fixed on the first reissue of Rodimus by the gap being made slightly wider.

On the other hand, my Hasbro Rodimus was a piece of garbage. The knee broke on the second transformation. Good thing I bought him for his new hat Targetmaster.