Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big W Sale 30th Sept - 6th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    i believe last time it was just hftd deluxes at big w's. I bought the generations at tru.
    Yeah me too bought my Generations from TRU.

I tried bringing the Generations to the counter at Big W during the July Toy Sale and pointed to the lady the "Transformers Deluxe Assorted" they had on the catalogue. But she was smart enough to notice the difference in the packaging and said yeah only assorted in those yellow packaging.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post

I tried bringing the Generations to the counter at Big W during the July Toy Sale and pointed to the lady the "Transformers Deluxe Assorted" they had on the catalogue. But she was smart enough to notice the difference in the packaging and said yeah only assorted in those yellow packaging.
    The manager at the big w i was notied that to but i pointed out that it said deluxes and not anything specific. but gave it to me at the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post

Unless the catalogue specifcally states 'assorted' means 'yellow packaging', you should have been able to get them for the sale price. A generic term like 'Transformers Deluxe Assorted' is highly contestable.

Might have to stop by my local. Finally time to pick up Seaspray to add to the Classics collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Unless the catalogue specifcally states 'assorted' means 'yellow packaging', you should have been able to get them for the sale price. A generic term like 'Transformers Deluxe Assorted' is highly contestable.

Might have to stop by my local. Finally time to pick up Seaspray to add to the Classics collection.
    Not really, you can see they have different codes for the variants of deluxes. Scanning them would be your best bet as that is what they would rely on. Unless they are really in a giving mood.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Not really, you can see they have different codes for the variants of deluxes. Scanning them would be your best bet as that is what they would rely on. Unless they are really in a giving mood.
    But the thing is all their toys scan up as -

Transformers "Legends/Scout/Deluxe/Voyager/Leader" assorted.

So unless the catalog says ROTF/HFTD/AA OR YELLOW specifically (is it really that hard to print that?!?!), assorted means all of them.

I had a look at the managers copy back at the mid year sale and yes it had a specific code, but that code isnt printed on the consumer catalog and therefore is very misleading.
    The last toyworld catalog had HFTD Voyager $40 and pictured was Payload. I went to buy seaspray and the cashier told me that only Payload was on sale - i was WTF? are you so stupid that you cant even read your own catalog? they're not going to print pictures of every single character of the HFTD line! thats a waste of space and ink! but I just had to remind myself and be polite instead of yelling at how stupid she was.

I was there this evening, and they had a bunch of RotF deluxes on clearance for $12 - Ratchet, Brawn, Lockdown, Strike Mission Sideswipe (?), and the others from that wave.

I got the impression that this was an everyday price for this wave of clearance stock. Hasbro doing another clear out.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    But the thing is all their toys scan up as -
    Transformers "Legends/Scout/Deluxe/Voyager/Leader" assorted.
    So unless the catalog says ROTF/HFTD/AA OR YELLOW specifically (is it really that hard to print that?!?!), assorted means all of them.

I had a look at the managers copy back at the mid year sale and yes it had a specific code, but that code isnt printed on the consumer catalog and therefore is very misleading.
    not really. But I know what you mean. When I scan them, there are differences with the description so unless the picture mismatches with what you scanned like HFTD Deluxe pic on ad but only ROTF deluxes were scanned to be at that price, then it's clear. Even animated don't show up the same. I wouldn't expect new stuff to have sale prices as the old stuff anyway.

I've seen this in TRU also. Now, I was able to ask the staff to give me the price that was on the shelf label/tag but didn't match the scanned price.
    Because that is confusing

i check first and if the price check isn't working, then maybe that's the time I'd have them use the catalogue price otherwise, I stick to scanning first before buying

Is it ok to return (sealed/unopened) and buy the same item now that it is on sale?

It's certainly OK for an unopened item.

For an opened item, it might be a bit dodgy, because the store will possibly not be able to resell it. So, if you've already opened an item, it's probably better to re-buy it at the sale price and return the new, still-sealed one on your pre-existing, more-expensive receipt. That way the store isn't stuck with tainted stock and you get your sale price.

Big W does not individually identify Transformers, rather all figures of the same line and class scan with the same code. So, if you bought (and opened) Seaspray last week for $48.62, you could go back this week, buy Night Ops Ratchet for 36.62, take him directly to the return counter, but give them the Seaspray $48.62 receipt. Effectively, by doing that, the $36.62 receipt you keep is now the receipt for your opened Seaspray. Make sense?

All of the other major retailers work the same way. The only store that individually identifies every Transformer is Kmart.

My local Big W had the Voyagers at their sale price, but all the deluxes, movie, generations, and animated still scanned at $24.84 (or whatever).

Not impressed.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)