Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee and Shadow Spark Optimus revealed

Default Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee and Shadow Spark Optimus revealed

It appears there was a Hasbro event here in Hong Kong today.

It is being reported on HK-TF's facebook page with images of MPM-02 Bumblebee and Shadow Spark Optimus Prime.

Optimus looks to be the old AoE figure but with some painted detailing over him.

photos by Victor Wong, HK-TF link

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The prime is supposedly an asia exclusive going by the name plate which is mildly annoying, I would assume the bumblebee would be as well.

I would rush out for a starscream though...had enough looking on japanese yahoo auctions and finding broken ones or over priced ones with never ending auctions :S

I think you might find the Asia Exclusive tag is referring to the announcement of the figure. I can't see them not releasing it globally to try and push the interest in the movie.

I'm guessing Bumblebee is a new mould, or at least a heavily reworked existing mould, and not just changing the car parts to look like the original '06 Camaro concept. I immediately thought of Battle Ops Bumbebee and DotM Leader-class Bumblebee, but a lot of details don't match unless either figure was heavily reworked.

Official Hasbro release at Seibertron, via Reddit.

Interesting that Hasbro chose to resurrect the Movie Masterpiece numbering, starting with MPM-3.

Bumblebee's design definitely seems heavily influenced by Battle Ops and DOTM Leader Bee. This looks absolutely fantastic, I cannot wait to get this. These pics make him look so good he might be the first transforming Bumblebee to make it to my non-transforming Bumblebee shelf.

Despite my dislike for all things Bayverse that Bumblebee does look really nice, and depending on price he may end up in my collection.
    I thought I read that bee wasn't going to be in this new movie?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I'm not sure where you read that as he is in every trailer for TLK so far. Hasbro would not allow Bay to not include him, Bee is the cash cow of the franchise because kids love him.

Furthermore events of TLK are supposed to link directly to 2018/19's Bumblebee only film.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about that Bumblebee. Comparing pics there are some similarities to previous leader class Bumblebee that make me think this will be that size, but maybe it will be smaller? There's nothing really in that pic that confirms scale.

(If this was sized similar enough to my HA Bumblebee to replace that toy in my cast collection that would be great).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Have you watched the trailer?

Thanks for the knowledge adjustment everyone
    It must have been a trolling comment somewhere on the Interwebs that sucked me in, it made no sense when I read it but it is Bay so, you know LOL
    I have seen the trailer but it must've been blocked from my memory because, you know, Bay.
    OK, enough Bay bashing!! Moving on
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)