Thread: Interviews with Tomy TFs Designers

Default Interviews with Tomy TFs Designers

So it seems that Tomy have a youtube channel, and have posted up some interviews of their Transformers Designers on there. But don't be worried about it being in Japanese, as they have apparently subtitled them in English for us Westerners.
    Most of the discussion is about Movie toys though.

Yeah, I saw that and it seems that TakTom have really been trying to engage with collectors and fans through the TF Engineers via Social Media as of late; an excellent initiative IMO and a good step in the right direction with regards to customer relations.

TakTom have always been good with Customer Relations - I remember Gok talking about the Customer Survey cards that they used to release with all their products - it's probably a mark of them releasing their products towards the collector market rather than the mass-market like Hasbro does.

Really loved seeing the attention to detail and the design philosophy behind the Striker Prime and Cyberverse toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    TakTom have always been good with Customer Relations - I remember Gok talking about the Customer Survey cards that they used to release with all their products - it's probably a mark of them releasing their products towards the collector market rather than the mass-market like Hasbro does.

Really loved seeing the attention to detail and the design philosophy behind the Striker Prime and Cyberverse toys.
    They still do the ankets (survey cards), but they give you a link to an online form doohicky.

I always find the interviews with the designers interesting, some of the toys are so clever!