Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus pics & compared to JP version

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Atm it seems the Hasbro version is more suited for:
    b) People who don't necessarily prefer the colours but are too tight-bummed to pay extra for the TakTOM version (like moi! )
    And me!!!!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

After seeing the side by side shots, I'm thinking that maybe the hasbro release may be too light. In real life however they may appear a bit darker. However at this stage I think I probably prefer the TakTom release - the only problem with it is that I prefer to display my TFs in their box, which means that the hasbro release would be perfect for display purposes.

My solution to this is to get both That way I can swap the two Primes around and display the TakTom prime in the Hasbro box. It's win - win!!

Unfortunately my wallet disagrees with my plan. I'll be getting the hasbro release.

I wasn't sure where to put this one, but this seemes most appropriate, mods please move if not.

This link has been posted on seibertron.com. An extensive gallery of the hasbro release. Also shows the third party dr.wu figures for spike and sparkplug, but I think the shots of Optimus are pretty good.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-images/25491/

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this one, but this seemes most appropriate, mods please move if not.

This link has been posted on seibertron.com. An extensive gallery of the hasbro release. Also shows the third party dr.wu figures for spike and sparkplug, but I think the shots of Optimus are pretty good.

Well it's main focus is the Official Hasbro Toy release so it seems perfectly suited to being here to me.
    Great find with that gallery too dude, these shots make it look better but I'll still have to wait until it's in-person before making any final decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post

Saw the extra pics from that gallery this morning and I've got to say, the more pics I see of the Hasbro version the more I'm inclined to pick one up. I don't mind the lighter shade of blue and the extra paint apps do it for me.

$150 is still pushing it a bit, might see if it's possible to acquire one from US and cross fingers the combined price including postage will still work out cheaper than TRU AUS pricetag. Worst case scenario I guess $150 isn't too bad when compared with cost of the Takara version.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, I saw these pics earlier too. I gotta say - he looks perfect! Can't wait

I prefer the lighter colour as I was never a fan of the darker shade of Blue/Purple (I take it the Tak/Tom was meaning to be close to the original G1 toy colours). I say blue/Purple because I was trying to refurbish an old G1 Prime and there wasn't any Blue colour that came close to matching, The closest thing I could find was a shade of Purple.

Looks SA-WEET! The lighter blue looks less washed out in these pics which should alleviate some concerns. However the plastic colour of the energon axe looks dissapointing but once again, could easily be the camera flash in play.

the other thing to keep in mind is that most of us is only going to have one or the other, as such the lighter blue probably won't seem as out of place as it does when standing beside the takara version.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)