Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

There's talk of a reboot at IDW which could give this line a definitive end point (and one that would be pretty close to the 80 volumes originally promised). That could be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Not sure if spoiler warning are required here as these issues are all out overseas and listed on Wikipedia.If so, consider yourself warned.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that they're deliberately going to hold off on getting us the last of issues 1-24 until the very end of the run?

Issue 30 is confirmed as "Titans Returns Part 1" already and by that point, they'll have only given us 9 issues of the original Marvel UK/US run and its conclusion. That storyline is barely a year old, if that and we're already getting it when the whole point of this was meant to be allowing people to get stuff that is old and out of print.

To top it off, they've already started shifting Marvel UK/US volumes back in place of newer stuff: Issue 8 was originally "Perchance to Dream", Issue 11 was meant to be "Legacy of Unicron" and Issue 13 "The Cosmic Carnival". Instead they were swapped out for "Hearts of Steel", "The Iron Fist" and "Dark Cybertron: Part 1".

The whole thing seems to have been done so blatantly, that it's almost like Hachette had an "oh crap, we're being too blatant about it" moment, because issues 33,34 and 35 are "New Order", "Dinobot Hunt", and "Destiny" respectively.

The whole release order is really starting to look dodgy - it's almost as if they know once those 24 issues go, they've lost a massive chunk of their subscribers so they're trying to string them along for as long as possible and force them to get a heap of stuff they don't want, to get what they do.

I knew there'd be a bit of that, but when they're giving us TPBs of some of IDW's most recent stories before they're even giving us half of the early stuff, then it really is starting to look dodgy.

I'm getting the same feeling bowspearer. I'm really enjoying the uk material, but I want to read it in order TOO. Same with the Dreamwave material . When I hear that they're fitting Titans Return in there too..... grr.....

There are plenty of publishing options to expand it without milking the cow dry. Do small chunks of UK and Dreamwave, and intersperse it with the older IDW material rather than the new. Heck they could even throw in some translated manga and I'd buy it. It's not that I mind buying some extra IDW to get it in a TPB but why couldn't it be the earlier stuff that isn't fresh in my memory still.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The next pair should be out this week... so keep an eye out for the email or the package.

I didn't get an email this week, so maybe next week.
    I remember one of the last two shipments was a week early, so maybe this is just going back to the proper schedule.

Nothing for me yet either.

I've received notification that the shipment will arrive tomorrow.

Mine arrived today, but haven't opened them yet to check if spines are damaged. Shipping in a bag is a bad idea
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Mine arrived today, but haven't opened them yet to check if spines are damaged. Shipping in a bag is a bad idea
    This is nothing - the number of Build The Millenium Falcon issues I've had to get replaced by them is way too high.

This fortnight's issues were IDW Primacy/Monstrosity, and IDW windblade.

Next set of issues should contain some UK material (UK 240-260, 323-326) from the middle and end of the UK run. Not quite sure why there is such a large gap, but maybe some of it was out of chronological sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    This fortnight's issues were IDW Primacy/Monstrosity, and IDW windblade.

Next set of issues should contain some UK material (UK 240-260, 323-326) from the middle and end of the UK run. Not quite sure why there is such a large gap, but maybe some of it was out of chronological sequence?
    That should say UK 204-260, US 76-77 (323-326 is just reprints of US content). There was no new UK content after #289 (outside the annuals).