Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

I know it's a very rare figure, at least I think it is. Even rarer in this condition but just a wee bit expensive

Three questions:

1) I was looking for a g1 ultra magnus- stumbled upon this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Dia...item25597967d7

Such a beauty...

When was this released/ how rare is it? and What would be the max to pay?

I think theres 2 other BINs for Mint one for about 5-600..ughh..

2) Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a takara reissue of g1 ultra magnus? im assuming this is rare and would be quite pricy since i havnt seen any on ebay

thing is I dont want the hasbro reissue with crappy missles and stuff... but i might have to settle for it now unless it is reissued later

3) How rare is the encore Soundwave? since Ive been looking and the cheapest one is about 90AUS including shipping off ebay.

I just want to know if this is a reasonable price- that is not too inflated/rip off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Three questions:

1) I was looking for a g1 ultra magnus- stumbled upon this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Dia...item25597967d7

Such a beauty...

When was this released/ how rare is it? and What would be the max to pay?

I think theres 2 other BINs for Mint one for about 5-600..ughh..
    As the guy said in the auction, that is an exclusive eHobby reissue of the Diaclone Power Convoy. In Japan, Optimus Prime is Convoy and the 'ultra magnus' armour is actually the upgrade amour for Convoy making him Power Convoy. This reissue was released in 2002/2003 or thereabouts.

Not sure of market price but 5-600 seems a little excessive.

2) Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a takara reissue of g1 ultra magnus? im assuming this is rare and would be quite pricy since i havnt seen any on ebay

thing is I dont want the hasbro reissue with crappy missles and stuff... but i might have to settle for it now unless it is reissued later
    Yes, there were Takara reissued Ultra Magnus'. Ultra Magnus was reissued to death in the 2002/2003 period. They were released in standard colours, completely blue, completely yellow, completely black and then there was the eHobby Power Convoy reissue during the same period.

I would expect a standard colour reissue to be around US$100, but then, so are G1 MIB Ultra Magnus'.

There are no missile issues with the Hasbro reissue UM, but you will have to contend with short smoke stacks though.

3) How rare is the encore Soundwave? since Ive been looking and the cheapest one is about 90AUS including shipping off ebay.

I just want to know if this is a reasonable price- that is not too inflated/rip off.
    In my reckoning, not very rare at all. I think AU$65 to AU$75 is a reasonable price to pay for it in Australia. In Asia (read - HK, SG), they were literally flogging these off for AU$35 a pop.

I grabbed that "Powered Convoy" Ultra Magnus for around $200 - I don't remember the exact price a few years back. It's basically the Diaclone colours, and in that line the toy was called Powered Convoy.

I'm not sure how rare the Takara reissue Ultra Magnus is now, but it was quite common back in the days - it wasn't limited. If you're patient Takara will probably reissue it eventually - they've redone a few reissues so far in the Encore line, and TBH Ultra Magnus is probably overdue for a revisit.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Hey guys, I'm just starting my 84 G1 line. 120pounds shipped from the UK for a C8.5 complete, MIB jetfire? Ebay search doesn't reveal much unfortunately. Am I paying too much?

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just starting my 84 G1 line. 120pounds shipped from the UK for a C8.5 complete, MIB jetfire? Ebay search doesn't reveal much unfortunately. Am I paying too much?
    I thought you already had 1984 toys (and Jetfire was techincally from the 1985 series). Jetfire's one of those weird toys that fluctuates from cheap to ridiculously expensive depending on completeness and condition. 120 pounds is like $200AU, which is a lot of cash, but for a boxed Jetfire, if it really is in good condition and complete, you could definitely do far worse. (Wheeljack's Lab has a MISB one up for $2500US at the moment, for example.)

Nah I've just started collecting the 84/85 line. I've been too poor to even think about the first series up till recently

I saw that WJL's MISB jetfire a couple of days ago too. You should buy it sky. Then post pics in the Vintage Liberation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    120 pounds is like $200AU
    On the topic of GBP to AUD, now is a great time to be buying from the UK too Conversion rate is fingerlicking good right now

Go AUD go!

I saw that WJL's MISB jetfire a couple of days ago too. You should buy it sky. Then post pics in the Vintage Liberation thread
    Heh heh. I LOLed at that.

(And since I already have that mould, I think I'll be keeping my credit card well away from that one.)

I think that's a pretty good price subject to:

+ the condition of the box (Jetfire boxes are also usually ripped and torn in unusual places maybe because the styro tray is not one contiguous piece but 2 separate pieces);

+ it's completeness (when it comes to Jetfire, completeness also means having that piece of rectangular cardboard that sits atop the styro);

+ whether stickers are applied and if so how well and are they peeling. Jetfire stickers tend to peel a lot at the corners;

+ gotta ask seller to check armour and see if anything is broken or chipped, whether there are any plastic stress marks. Careful inspection is needed because small pieces of say the handguard can be broken but hard to notice, but are essential for keeping armour in place;

+ IMPT: ask whether ALL pieces of the armour originally came with the toy. Far as I know there are a number of very slight variation in molding for Jetfire armours. If the armour did not originally come with the toy and was 'junked' together, it might not fit Jetfire nicely and pieces may be loose or fall off.