Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: SDCC 2012 Transformers exclusives - official pics

I looked at a little after midnight too, and nothing listed. If they sold out within an hour or two, they mustn't have had much to start with.

I certainly wouldn't have had a chance to order them through an agent then, with the 2 day process it takes with them.

Thanks for the wake up call though Ultra Marginal.

Apparently they had a one-per-person limit too... but were sold out within a matter of minutes at around 2am our time.

Looks like a lot of people missed out then which is a shame. Can't believe that one person said he had the items in his cart and then lost them because someone must of processed their order faster. Surely they should have a timer on this so you can complete the checkout process. That's like someone running up behind you and grabbing your items out of your hands when you're on the way to the supermarket checkout. Appalling!

I reckon once people start to realise this has sold out, Amazon will run-out of preorders for G2 Bruticus.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I looked at a little after midnight too, and nothing listed. If they sold out within an hour or two, they mustn't have had much to start with.

I certainly wouldn't have had a chance to order them through an agent then, with the 2 day process it takes with them.

Thanks for the wake up call though Ultra Marginal.
    No worries.

I'm going to be refreshing my browser fairly consistantly over the next few days/week or so just in case they put up more stock.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

With auction prices now heading past $250 for bruticus, BINs for all three are going up.... so if you want these, I don't think waiting for the hype to pass will see them any cheaper. In the past, once prices of exclusives go up, they pretty much stay up.

CJ was originally $25, but ebay has most going for around $50-75.
    Hiss tank was originally $60 ($65 on HTS), ebay prices for most are $140-175.
    Bruticus was originally $100, but you'd be lucky to find one for less than $250 before shipping now.

And the real kicker is finding ones that ship outside of America. 90% of the ones I was looking through would only ship to America. And one that I did find that shipped internationally (for Cliffjumper) wanted $100 shipping!

Last year I held out for the GIJoe Starscream, and it's price on ebay sat at $200-250. I got lucky at BotCon (thanks to llamatron) to find one at $130, which was still double it's original price... but I can't risk waiting 12 months to hope for cheap ones next BotCon.
    (yes, I caved, and am looking at about $430 plus shipping for these three SDCC toys, which compares to $390 if I had risked pre-ordering them from BBTS and possibly missing out if they didn't get enough)