Thread: Third Party company health

Default Third Party company health

I thought it would be worth starting a conversation about third party health. In recent months FansToys has famously shut its website and removed all its content from China's Twitter 'Weibao'. There are heaps of rumours about it shutting down in light of Wei Jiang being shut down and the owners arrested. The contact for Fanstoys gives crypic messages on TFWorld2005 like everything is delayed, no more products this year, everything is fine just working on the combiner. But everyone thinks something is up.

While other China-based companies like XTransbots are continuing to announce products, I noticed it also suddenly seems to have disappeared from Weibou.

What do you guys think is going on?

And most importantly perhaps, are we at risk of not being able to finish our combiners for third party companies?

FansToys literally just released Thomas, like a few weeks ago.

XTB posted an update on Facebook showing their combined Menasor yesterday.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Actually Fanstoys Thomas was released before the Weibou content and website info was deleted, along with the delay to all figures and some Chinese stockists reporting they would no longer offer FansToys products for no specified reason.

Yes Xtransbots seems to be ok, so I guess Fanstoys is the major concern. Is it possible Hasbro/Takara is taking action in China and making headway in that given the overwhelming popularity of Fanstoys (peaking with Thomas)?