Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The vast majority of us don't speak Japanese so we can't contact Takara at all. So we have zero chance if we have a Takara QC issue of sorting it if the retailer is not willing/able to help.

That is true, as I had a defective toy from RK once, and they didn't want to have anything to do with it or me, as they have no obligation to.... and even if TT dealt with customers outside of Japan, people have to remember that there is a language barrier in addition to the geographical barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The vast majority of us don't speak Japanese so we can't contact Takara at all. So we have zero chance if we have a Takara QC issue of sorting it if the retailer is not willing/able to help.
    No point replying since you're on his block list.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That is true, as I had a defective toy from RK once, and they didn't want to have anything to do with it or me, as they have no obligation to.... and even if TT dealt with customers outside of Japan, people have to remember that there is a language barrier in addition to the geographical barrier.
    Oh wait, that's how you beat the block, just get quoted by someone else.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

Sh!t stirrer

That is true, as I had a defective toy from RK once, *snip*
    That ol' chestnut popping up again hey...

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

Whatever the issue is it will blow over.

Then he'll read my reply.

The existence of a language barrier, while unfortunate, isn't something that you can blame TakaraTOMY customer care for. They are based in Japan so obviously they're going to operate in Japanese, just as Hasbro Australia operates in English. And if Hasbro were to offer a similar level of care I don't think it would be reasonable to criticise them for not making that care available in other languages.

The issue that you would've had was that you ordered your toy from a store outside of Japan (RK = Hong Kong) and thus outside of TakaraTOMY's jurisdiction for customer care. In these cases you need to contact the store and demand an exchange or refund. My Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus came from RK and was missing a wheel so RK was contacted and provided a replacement wheel.

It was... wheelie good.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 31st August 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You've had issues with TakaraTOMY's customer care? Because I've always found their customer care to be par excellence.

I've had 2 MPs that had QC issues and both times the issue was promptly resolved by Takara(TOMY)'s customer care:

1/ My MP1 came missing a small ladder panel for the truck mode. When I contacted Takara they were extremely apologetic and promptly sent me replacement parts via express courier. They also included free bonus Transformers merchandise for my trouble.

2/ My MP Rumble came with 2 of the same side piledriver. When I contacted TakaraTOMY they sent me replacement piledrivers with a printed letter of apology.

How did Takara(TOMY) respond to your issues?
    You can laud their CS all you want, but in the case of Dinobot, they're not doing anything:

Contacted my seller (HLJ) about the shoulder ratchet issue and they said Takara was unable to provide replacement parts. Fixed them myself and was given a partial refund from HLJ.
    Notice it was HLJ that had to cough up the partial refund, while TT can walk away without any consequence.

We can condemn KO's as thievery, but when it comes to thievery by legitimate companies, then it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Notice it was HLJ that had to cough up the partial refund, while TT can walk away without any consequence.
    Contacting a retailer for recompense instead of the manufacturer is fairly standard practice. Like if I buy a toy locally and it's defective, I bring it back to where I bought it from for an exchange or refund rather than contact Hasbro directly. Whenever I've contacted TakaraTOMY for assistance, they've advised me to bring the toy back to the store but I told them that while the toy was purchased in a Japanese store, I was in Australia and therefore not in a position to physically bring the toy back. After explaining this TakaraTOMY happily sent me replacement parts both times.

I'd be curious to know why TakaraTOMY were unable to supply replacement parts to HLJ, but this is why I usually just skip the middle man and go straight to TakaraTOMY themselves when it comes to toys purchased from Japan.

We can condemn KO's as thievery, but when it comes to thievery by legitimate companies, then it's all good!
    While not good, providing unsatisfactory service isn't the same as stealing from someone (2 wrongs don't make a right!) And at the end of the day, if you're still unsatisfied with the outcome you can still contact the ACCC, because all Australian consumers are protected by Australian consumer laws even when purchasing products from other countries. Because if TakaraTOMY hadn't provided me with replacement parts, you can bet that I would've taken it further. But personally their service has always been great for me. I've yet to hear a story of anyone directly contacting TakaraTOMY and getting poor service from them, although I agree that not supplying HLJ with spare parts for MP Dinobot is poor form. I would advise that consumer to see if s/he can contact TakaraTOMY's customer call centre directly for assistance - bypass the middle man. Even if this consumer is unable to speak Japanese and doesn't have any Japanese-speaking friends to help them, they could post an English draft and ask any Japanese speaking fans to translate it and submit it via text to TakaraTOMY's customer support online form.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd be curious to know why TakaraTOMY were unable to supply replacement parts to HLJ, but this is why I usually just skip the middle man and go straight to TakaraTOMY themselves when it comes to toys purchased from Japan.

While not good, providing unsatisfactory service isn't the same as stealing from someone (2 wrongs don't make a right!)
    I'm not saying poor form on Takara's part justifies KOs, but putting out a faulty product and not offering after-service is at the very least questionable, and at the very worst thievery.

KOs are only relevant because the officials have fallen, whereas the KOs are improving and even exceeding in quality. This is not unique to TFs, my sister was telling me that one of the luxury handbag brands ended up using the same factory as the KOs because the quality was better.

Takara needs to be held accountable for faulty products, whether that's by improving QC, or providing adequate after-service of parts -- particularly if done through retailers. If a KO company like Wei Jiang can offer after-service through specific retailers, Takara should be able to do the same.

Something like missing wheels or ladders or wrong pile drivers are pretty easy to address, but things like shoddy chrome (Hot Rod, Ironhide), paint flaking during transformation (Ratchet, Megatron, all the BW figures), mis-assembly and misalignment of parts (Ratchet/Ironhide, Ramjet), are harder to fix.

In the case of Dinobot, the shoulder problem seems in part due to poor design (and possibly material choice). That would explain why Takara is unwilling to offer parts because they're only going to break again.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    In other news I look forward to the plethora of repaints that MP-10 went through.
    Takara
    Hasbro
    Nemesis
    Ultra Magnus
    Shattered Glass
    YotH (unlikely)
    Evangelion
    Various BAPE
    Golden Lagoon (unlikely)

Any I miss?
    Ok I'll take a turn in trying to refocus this discussion back to V3 Optimus.

I know I did mention V3's repaint potentiaI. I'm all for repaints but I wonder what the appetite would be for all of these variants to be done again? Once I get Golden Lagoon Optimus I'll have every one of these except the elusive Green BAPE. I couldn't imagine doing it again! Would be worse than having to rebuy all the seekers once the inevitable V3 Starscream is announced!

Something like missing wheels or ladders or wrong pile drivers are pretty easy to address, but things like shoddy chrome (Hot Rod, Ironhide), paint flaking during transformation (Ratchet, Megatron, all the BW figures), mis-assembly and misalignment of parts (Ratchet/Ironhide, Ramjet), are harder to fix.

In the case of Dinobot, the shoulder problem seems in part due to poor design (and possibly material choice). That would explain why Takara is unwilling to offer parts because they're only going to break again.
    Ah, right. I see your point. Yeah, it's pretty disappointing when stuff like this happens. I still cannot believe how woeful Encore God Fire Convoy is. And I totally agree that when it comes to high end price toys like MPs, they really should be doing a better job.

I suppose the best way to let TakaraTOMY know about this is through the online survey... but unfortunately they've geoblocked it (groan) so none of us can access it unless we happen to be in Japan or have a VPN. I haven't been able to access the online survey since April 2017 when I got MP36 and MP Grapple while in Tokyo. :/ I personally did contact TakaraTOMY and suggested to them that they remove the geoblocking on the survey, but they've obviously decided not to take that suggestion.

P.S.: If people are able to access it and are finding new questions that I haven't translated yet, feel free to post screen shots here and I (or any of the other Japanese-speaking members here) will get around to translating it.