4 26.67%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Slog (Voyager)

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    This is going to sound a little crude but the reason why I can't stand this bot is his weapons... they look like massive red d*ldos and it's extremely off-putting for me... i'll stick with me G1 Dinos thank you very much
    Good thing you can detach them completely and not looks at them at all
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

This is going to sound a little crude but the reason why I can't stand this bot is his weapons... they look like massive red d*ldos and it's extremely off-putting for me...
    You'd better steer clear of Beast Wars Galvatron then.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You'd better steer clear of Beast Wars Galvatron then.
    hahahah, "drill"mode" does'n't quite cut it actually ;P
    I just got this toy last month and when I transformed it into drill mode, well, I had a short giggle
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I was going to get the G1-coloured version through Amazon, then when I saw him discounted on the shelves yesterday I thought "Ah... what the hell eh" and got the regular version. Lets face it, being red, grey and black he is the nearest of the regular line to G1 coloured anyway.

I REALLY like the robot mode. I think he looks freakin awesome! For some reason I thought he looked a bit crap in the box, then I popped him out and was like "Whoah! He actually rocks!" Big, sturdy, thick, looks like he should transform into some damn huge spiky bloated dino-monster! For some reason I really like his legs - dont know why that is.

The Dinosaur mode actually let me down a bit after the robot mode, doesn't quite measure up. Not keen on the gappiness half way down his torso, the lances look weird and there is something about the set of the neck that doesn't quite fit. A shame since I plan to display him in Dino mode along with the other AoE Dinobots. It's...ok.

The Transformation really shat me - since the instructions were arse-backwards I decided to go it alone. Because the hinges on his dino forelegs were so stiff I wasn't sure how it was supposed to go and I nearly snapped the damn thing. I'm sure it will be easier on subsequent tries but the first time irked me.

Overall I really like him and I'm glad I got him, but certainly not the best Dinobot figure I have. But that robot mode - damn!

For those who have both the general release and the Amazon Exclusive, is there any issue with the chrome? does it effect transformation of clipping of parts together?

just a quick queery, I have both in box and am trying to decide which to keep to go with my others. I have the general release of most but the Takara Grimlock with shiny bits.

I feel that the general release is a bit bland looking next to all the bright colours of the others.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I haven't had any problems with the chrome on the G1 version though I can only compare it with the Dinobots Unleashed version since I didn't get the normal one. Overall, it's much higher quality than the Dinobots Unleashed one, the parts that clip together go really. Then again I haven't transformed him much, I love the robot mode so much.

well if that's not a glowing recommendation I don't know what is!
    thanks.

I hate the mould too much to want to transform it...

I just wanted it to complete the set of Gen1 coloured Dinobots, and since it is packaged in robot mode, it probably won't be transformed unless someone comes over to see what it looks like.

So unfortunately I can only comment on what I see from the Robot mode.
    And that is, the silver parts look to be separated so that none come in contact with other silver parts (from what I can tell)... except the dino tail, which becomes two halves for the "belt" of the robot mode. The plug-n-post inside the tail might see some wear, as the tail is a frustrating part of the transformation, but if it does wear off some of the silver, it will remain hidden in both modes.

The red kneecaps look to be the only non-rubbery part that locks/links with a silver panel... and since it can be a tight fit with a knee joint working against it, that's probably the only silver spot that will show any wear (if wear occurs).
    The shoulder holes don't seem to have any silver inside the hole itself, so attaching the red spiky things won't do any obvious damage. BUT, if you wanted to avoid any scratching of the surface from roughly plugging in the red spiky things, just don't stick them there. Keep them attached to the two lances instead, or stick them in the two black holes on his back that would hold the lances in Dino mode.
    If you plan to keep it in robot mode, and maybe transform it once to see what it is like, that should be okay... but if you are deciding which of the two to open, it will come down to if you have the SDCC Dinobots.
    If you do, and they are on display, then this one is kinda needed for the group display.
    But if you don't have that situation or you need a Slog to have for casual transforming, or to figure out how it transforms without instructions, it might be best to keep the Amazon one sealed for display, and wear out the regular version, as it might be easier and cheaper to replace if you break it or scuff it later.

This is going to sound a little crude but the reason why I can't stand this bot is his weapons...
    Lol, I kind of dig his weapons, I get a weird Dino Riders vibe from this guy.

That was not intentional....

I'll probably transform it a few times, but primary purpose will be to display with othe movie dinobots, I have the AD Leader Grimlock which has shiny parts and the AD31 Prime and looking at them next to the regular release of slog he's a bit bland.

Your peg information is very useful, I'll read it again when I have the two at home to check out tonight.

I have found myself using instructions for most Movie figures, they generally come not completely transformed so I end up going to the alt mode and all the way back again before seeing what the intended final modes are supposed to look like.