View Poll Results: To Bumbee, or not to Bumblebee?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YEAH

48 69.57%
  • Maybe, if the Price is right

14 20.29%
  • Don't care

2 2.90%
  • Nah, Probably not matey.

4 5.80%
  • HELLS NOOOOOOOOO

1 1.45%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike

I received my Bumbles from nexusnixx yesterday (w/coins and Amazon Japan battle masks).

Really digging them, and being a fan of the 86 movie, love that we have a Spike in exo-suit. Ideally, I'd like to end up with two more of the Exos (y'know, for Daniel in each mode) but alas.

I still think Wheeljack may be the better toy, but Bumblebee isn't the doom that the usual suspects on other boards are venting about.

Next? Ultra Magnus. Oh, and I still have an MP-10 Mode EVA to open at some point, but I don't think that'll be happening just yet!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just received mine. Preordered from nippon yasan $61 shipped via eco sal. Arrived in 13 days.

After being fairly critical without actually seeing the figure for myself i have to say he's better than i expected. Decent articulation, some ok engineering went into the transformation. He looks good.

I appreciate the transformation is fairly simple. I can appreciate that a simple transformation can require just as much engineering and thought as a complex one.

Not worth anywhere near $100, i would have been more happy to pay $50 shipped max.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Really digging them, and being a fan of the 86 movie, love that we have a Spike in exo-suit. Ideally, I'd like to end up with two more of the Exos (y'know, for Daniel in each mode) but alas.
    It's Daniel in the suit, actually. Although the instruction sheet and box doesn't identify who it is, apparently the MP Generations book states that it's Daniel, and the image from the cartoon in the sheet is Daniel too IIRC.

But Spike would've made more sense! Spike is Bumblebee's buddy. Daniel get stuck with Wheelie, because the two most annoying characters in G1 totally deserve each other. In a rocket. Headed for the Sun. But yes, I wouldn't mind a Daniel in Exo-Suit too. Perhaps for MP Cliffjumper?

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Not worth anywhere near $100, i would have been more happy to pay $50 shipped max.
    ^This is how I feel about all the MP cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Daniel in the suit, actually.
    I totally realised that after I posted it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Daniel in the suit, actually. Although the instruction sheet and box doesn't identify who it is, apparently the MP Generations book states that it's Daniel, and the image from the cartoon in the sheet is Daniel too IIRC.

But Spike would've made more sense! Spike is Bumblebee's buddy. Daniel get stuck with Wheelie, because the two most annoying characters in G1 totally deserve each other. In a rocket. Headed for the Sun. But yes, I wouldn't mind a Daniel in Exo-Suit too. Perhaps for MP Cliffjumper?

^This is how I feel about all the MP cars.
    I think it could potentially be either there isn't enough detail in the face sculpt to say conclusively who it is, I mean their suits are identical right since Daniel is wearing another of Spike's suit not one made for him, but like most people say Spike would make more sense and that's who I'm calling it in with mine

Finally got around to opening him today.

Great representation of G1 Bee but damn is he small

And yes I get that he is in scale but in my mind I just expected a little bigger

Small, but pretty awesome. I think he scales quite nicely. Considering he's so much smaller than the other MP cars, I would have liked to have seen him sold at a more appropriate price point (I've paid pretty much the same for him as the other MP cars). Only just worth the money.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The Hasbro version of MP Bumblebee seems to be selling despite being about double the cost of import. On Saturday I spotted just one MP Bumblebee at TRU Moore Park, yet there were loads of MP Prowls still sitting there shelfwarming. MP Wheeljack seems to have sold out pretty quickly too. It seems that the timing of releasing MPs into the Australian market has a greater affect on generating sales than price alone.

This is likely why Hasbro AP/AUS has decided to do direct-to-market releases of Japanese MPs rather than waiting for Hasbro USA. Hasbro AP/AUS is striking while the iron's hot, which seems to be a good strategy for them so far. It'll be interesting to see how MP22 sells here come February.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Guess someone knows some business sense finally and realised they have been missing out.

As some one else mentioned, one of the two elbow ball-socket joints on my Daniel keeps popping out when you twist it (to transform it). The other one is actually quite stiff... it just doesn't take much variance in production (or even cooling) to create a loose socket joint when the ball/socket is so small.