Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Just read this in a comment on a less-amazing site "The comics intended for toy pack-ins are produced way, way ahead of schedule, so that they can be ready for the toys. For instance, MTMTE #22, Skids' pack-in issue, was written before MTMTE #16, half a year early."

I'm rereading More Than Meets The Eye from the beginning now, so I might see if it's noticeable, but that's crazy/weird/impressive if Roberts and Barber are not just throwing toys into their stories, but also throwing out their writing schedule in order to do it.
    It definitely played a part in MTMTE#22, I've seen Roberts commenting on it somewhere (twitter maybe?) as that issue really doesn't fit the flow of the book. The other issues included in toys not so much as the other (early) toy pack in books were mostly the Spotlights (produced early) and then the Dark Cybertron crossover issues.

Edit: here's where I saw James talking about it, the IDW forums

So, do we think #35 is the new reality, a side reality, a possible reality or only a short lived reality?

This will either be awesome like Shadowplay, or fizzle out at the end like "Remain in Light".
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Short lived new reality. Given this was just a prologue it might be so short lived that we might not even revisit it (based on next issue's cover and solicitation)

I see this like the few minutes in Star Trek First Contact where, protected by the temporal wake, the Enterprise can see the Borg-conquered Earth even though their existence should have been wiped out by the changes to the timeline. And like that film I expect the next few issues will be our heroes back in time trying to set things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I expect the next few issues will be our heroes back in time trying to set things right.
    Looks that way. Target: 6,000,002 BC.

I thought it was all done just to kill off a Rewind again.

But the big focus on Minimus has me interested if he has another big role to play.

#36. That phonecall. Two of the most tear-inducingly beautiful pages of Transformerdom in thirty years. And then the very next page delivers yet another one.

It was a great issue. I liked Whirl's question about which guns they could take from Brainstorm's armory ending the conversation with "Shhh. On second thought, let's keep it ambiguous"

Also that ending

The three panels of Whirl inquiring about weapons was the best non heart wrenching item in the issue, and I wonder when we get the payoff...

Everything else was beautifully written, I am loving the setup, even if we didn't even see Brainstorm this issue. I do wonder if that is the last of a Roller and if we might see Trailcutter in the next jump...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    #36. That phonecall. Two of the most tear-inducingly beautiful pages of Transformerdom in thirty years.
    That was a brilliant scene

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That was a brilliant scene
    This scene and the Whirl one were the two that had me react the most for different reasons. So much pathos in the Orion and Megatron call.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett