• only if on sale

5 16.13%
  • no

3 9.68%
  • wait for takara version.

3 9.68%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Is there any decent-looking weapon-storage option for this toy?

Are you saying that mounting it on the roof isn't decent?

Btw, the window panels seem to line up pretty well my Breakout Battle Optimus Prime. Looks like Hasbro finally fixed that issue (it's still misaligned on my Evolutions 2-pack figure)

Picked this up on a whim yesterday, and I quite enjoy it.

This is a good figure even by pre-2011 quality drop standards.

+ good articulation - all the standard stuff, plus all the stuff that has (unfortunately) become bells and whistles now like bicep, wrist, waist and thigh swivels, really solid and flexible ankles. Importantly all of it is basically unimpeded as well.
    + oozes character - in the same way that Generations Springer does for example - good silhouette, strong face, good range of head movement.
    + A lot of molded detail
    + Solid - Pegs together in both modes very very solidly.
    + Upper body transformation - creative, the cab basically turns inside out. It does have a sniff of using fake part kibble (the outer bits of the window boobs aren't the same windows from the outside of the cab - those end up on the elbows), but I actually don't mind here because of how much fun the rest of the process is. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age?

- Lack of paint - the main downer, a lot of the molded detail is lost. I genuinely like this mold enough to perhaps shell out for the Takara version with more paint.
    - Gun isn't that great - I get that it's meant for DOTM Megatron, but I'd have loved something a bit closer to a faux G1 Ion blaster, or whatever he used in the film in the one scene he was a robot in this body.
    - Rear of the vehicle mode - not great, bit gappy and the feet are a bit obvious. That said there hasn't yet been a figure aside from MP-10 that has done the G1 Prime truck mode proper justice at all so it's hard to hold it against the figure (MP1, Robotmasters, the Glassics G1 two pack one, Hybrid - all have gappy alt modes - this is on part with or better than most of these).

The G1 homage angle wasn't really a pro or a con for me so YMMV.

So yeah basically now I want to spend a stupid amount of money on the Nemesis Repaint.

As an aside, if budgets (and thus part and paint count) is getting tighter I wish they'd entirely abandon firing missile gimmicks. Would definitely rather have more more engineering/paint/molded detail than a missile I'm going to either lose or set aside after about 3 minutes.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'm so thankful that I didn't pick up the basic release and instead got him in the Hasbro Evolutions 2-pack and Grimlock/Prime 2-pack. The improved deco just makes the figure that much better.

He does stand nicely with Classics Voyager Prime as they have similar proportions. They're definitely two of the best voyagers ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I'm so thankful that I didn't pick up the basic release and instead got him in the Hasbro Evolutions 2-pack and Grimlock/Prime 2-pack. The improved deco just makes the figure that much better.
    I ended up getting the same two packs - Grimlock/Prime because he was on sale at Myer, and Evolutions because I wanted a classics Prime, and that was the best version I could find (I love my shiny)