View Poll Results: Skrapnel with Reflector - worth getting?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is great (great great)

15 71.43%
  • Only if cheap

4 19.05%
  • Only if...

2 9.52%
  • Na

0 0%
  • This is terrible (terrible terrible)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Generations Skrapnel with Reflector

Default Toy review - Generations Skrapnel with Reflector

Name – Skrapnel with Reflector
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $11.00US
    Approximate Size – 10cm
    Allegiance - Insecticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Stag Beetle
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Targetmaster Partner
    Main Colours – Purple, Yellow, Black, Grey
    Main Accessories – Reflector Targetmaster Partner

"][/URL]

Robot Mode
    Quite a good representation of G1 Shrapnel, though he now has more of the insect legs sticking out the side of his body rather than being hidden behind his back. Nicely proportioned, decent articulation, quite good for a relatively small figure.

Stag Beetle Mode
    I really don’t know if I like this or not. Can’t remember when I have been more on the fence about how an alt-mode looks. Everything that should be there is there – looks similar to G1 Shrapnel, has the bug legs and antenna etc, just having a hard time taking to it. Sorry – maybe someone else can provide a better review than I .

Transformation
    I’ve been transforming this particular line of toys without the instructions. To my shame I had to look at the instructions as I was finding bits fiddly and it turned out the instructions were to turn him from bug to bot – not the other way . Ended up using the box photo to get it done. Not bad – just a bid fiddly.

Reflector
    Hmmm…. another Targetmaster partner where all you do is fold the arms back down and lie him down to become his alt-mode. To my mind looks more like a theatre spotlight than an actual camera. The gun mode is ok but nothing special. Great to see Reflector finally get another toy, but would be happier if he ends up getting his own bigger toy – something with Viewfinder, Spyglass and Spectro would be awesome!

Overall
    This is an ok figure. Skrapnel looks good in robot mode, ok in bug mode (well, better than the G1 figure anyway) and Reflector is simplistic but frankly I’m just grateful to get a Reflector toy. Worth the $11.00US he cost though I wouldn’t be inclined to pay much more than that for them.

P.S: Sorry there are two pictures - for some reason the link keeps doubling it

I wouldn't worry too much about the two photos, photos. I'm sure Shrapnel would approve, approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the two photos, photos. I'm sure Shrapnel would approve, approve.
    lol

I was pretty excited for this one, but once in-hand I can say that Skrapnel + Reflector is a toy that really looks much better than it feels. Skrapnels poseability and balance isn't as good as most of the other legends of this line and I feel like they really missed an opportunity to make a cool targetmaster out of Reflector. It would have been awesome if they focused on making Reflector something you could hold the right way up as a camera instead of sacrificing that to enable him to become an electric cattle-prod/the-stick-elderly-people-use-to-grab-things-off-shelves.

I laughed

Weakest figure from this line so far, but certainly not bad. Easily worth the US RRP, but do not pay more than $20 after shipping for him.

Transformation is fiddly as stated, nothing complex, and both modes looks alright, but that is all. He just does not have the presence or sculpt of Swerve or Cosmos to make it more interesting.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

you're funny, funny.

I quite like it, my biggest frustration was the side legs transformation being very stiff, making it a little scary to transform.

as with the rest of this line, I think the US pricing is fine, more than $20 AU is pushing it though, they are not deluxes by any stretch of the imagination.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I can't wait to get this guy. Along with Arcee and Gears, he's one of the most anticipated figures in my POL. Now hurry up Arcee, Brainstorm, Swerve and Cosmos and drop into my POL.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I quite like it. Reflector, as with all the targetmasters of this line, are a bit of a joke but for what I paid (BBTS price), it was worth it. Eagerly awaiting the others
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I quite like it, my biggest frustration was the side legs transformation being very stiff, making it a little scary to transform.
    Mine's the same, but I find it fine as long as I'm applying pressure as close to the hinge as possible.

Quite like the figure, only bit of nit-picking would be the gaping hole used to represent his insect mouth in alt mode. Really like the combined alt mode with Reflector on his insect back

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Received Skrapnel and Reflector today. My least favourite insecticon, he's nearly perfect. Both modes are nice and the GEEWUN shines brightly. Reflector is really nice as well, forming a solid camera that is currently being held by my Masterpiece Thundercracker.

Bring on Bombshell and Kickback.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust