View Poll Results: Generations Tankor -worth getting?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - great to see a BM figure in the toyline!

6 35.29%
  • Only if cheap

1 5.88%
  • Only if...

4 23.53%
  • Na...

5 29.41%
  • SMASH this stupid toy!

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Tankor

The only reason I'd get this is to recreate the two Tankors in Blurr's bar scene.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Does anywhere have this guy discounted? I feel like getting one (or lots for drones to go with Rattrap), but I'm not super overjoyed about it.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Generations Tankor... not nearly as fun a toy as the original Mega Class BM Tankor, and not as show-like looking as the Basic Tank Drone figure. That's not to say that this is a bad Tankor toy per se, but it pretty much lies midway between the standards of its predecessors in terms of show-likeness to play value. The buzzsaws on the arms are completely superfluous, unlike on Mega Tankor where they work as buzzsaws on the front of the tank, or on Tank Drone where they become wheels that drive the spinning cannon gimmick. They're purely decorative on Generations "Fat" Tankor. This toy's design seems to have prioritised the robot over the vehicle, which is rather typical of Generations (Scoop's another good example of this). The drawback here is that head cannot see over the chest panel properly in tank mode. It also obstructs the head from moving. Overall, this is really a silly toy... based on what was always a silly show model. But it's a reasonably nice toy if you're a fan of this character*, but it's pretty ordinary if you're not. Recommended only if you're a fan of Fat Tankor.

----------------------
    *And by that, I mean IDW's 'Fat' Tankor, who is a pretty neat character in his own right. But yeah, if you're not a fan of the character, you're not likely going to enjoy this toy on its own merit.