Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FOC game teaser trailer now out

Funny how my friend told me about Pucifer (band that sings this song) and that I should listen to them because we were mutual fans of Maynard James Keen, the lead singer of Tool who also is the lead for this group.

I totally forgot about checking out Pucifer, and thanks to this FOC trailer I finally got to. And it ain't so hippy as others have said it to be.

I think the music kind of fits, though it's somewhat an emotional song it adds onto the element of giving our beloved Transformers what most Bay-haters have been complaining about - heart. You could argue that case for Linkin Park in the Bay-movies but for Bay's characters it just didn't feel right then as much as it does now. Not every TF related video needs to be blasted with The Touch or the G1 theme, and I reckon those pieces should be kept with the material of their generation, where they were at their prime.

I think it's kind of clever how this trailer was put together, they could have easily resorted to using Heavy Metal music to emphasis hardcore-metal-slamming or even epic orchestral music to depict the magnitude of the situation Cybertron is in but instead they used this chilling, yet humbling piece of music to accompany footage of Transformers at war. It's different for sure and it's a change that I personally like

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I always loved these trailers, they're what the movies should have been.
    Heck yes!

I liked the music. It's nothing I'd have on my ipod but I think it gave a good feel to the trailer, kind of 'this is the sad aftermath of our brutal war'.

Prime's new body is growing on me but I still like his WFC body better. I have no idea what happened to his face though . It's too wide and flat, he looks like he was hit with a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Funny how my friend told me about Pucifer (band that sings this song) and that I should listen to them because we were mutual fans of Maynard James Keen, the lead singer of Tool who also is the lead for this group.

I totally forgot about checking out Pucifer, and thanks to this FOC trailer I finally got to. And it ain't so hippy as others have said it to be.

I think the music kind of fits, though it's somewhat an emotional song it adds onto the element of giving our beloved Transformers what most Bay-haters have been complaining about - heart. You could argue that case for Linkin Park in the Bay-movies but for Bay's characters it just didn't feel right then as much as it does now. Not every TF related video needs to be blasted with The Touch or the G1 theme, and I reckon those pieces should be kept with the material of their generation, where they were at their prime.
    The original WFC trailer didn't have any G1 music theme but to me, it worked much better than this one. I found the tone of that trailer much more exciting while this one seem somewhat 'meh'.

I dislike Prime's new body but none the less am still very keen on getting more WFC figures.

The game... eh not so much.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Awesome! Great to see some more visuals, and wow, shooting someone point blank? That wasn't very nice Jazz.

People I never would have expected to get excited by this are posting the trailer on fb, also awesome.

My initial thoughts were odd choice of music, not the pacing but just that particular song. I think I'll watch it a few more times before I make up my mind about that though.

Also I wouldn't say that FOC is copying GOW, using slower paced music in contrast to violent or action filled visuals is actually a common cinematic technique. I think it even has a name? But I forget, I only had to explain it in an exam once.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I dig this trailer heavily!

The visuals are just awesome, though Soundwave copping it again annoys me to no end but at least it was BB this time.
    The sounds were sweet and really show the consistency with WFC (i.e. listen to Bruticus' formation).
    The musical score was spot on, though I care little for Maynard and Despise Tool, I think this song choice was brilliantly employed as it carries the soul and feeling of the trailer superbly - Bloody well done High Moon.

LOL at BB's rosy cheeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

LOL at BB's rosy cheeks!
    PIKA! PIKA!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    PIKA! PIKA!
    LOL, totally!