Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1323282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    Oh HELL YES what an ebay score

MIB GodGinrai set of 3

now its time to wait for the brutal shipping quote
    Nice score. I paid about the same (including postage) for Fire Guts on his own... so you've got a good deal there.

BTW guys, can we ease up on the "OPEN!" callouts a little? While I'd never buy an AFA sealed toy, I respect the right of others to buy them, and appreciate that they'll enjoy them on a different level to me. The "OPEN!" callouts might well end up being a downer for the person who has picked up a sealed toy to keep sealed. It's not really nice to have your acquisition dumped on by others.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wow those even have the tech specs decoder
    Did Tailgate even come with a decoder?

Okay I've finally downloaded all the pics I took in Malaysia...

My pick ups in Malaysia:

Lah.

Atomic Lugnut was on clearance, Cliffjumper was cheap also. The place selling Skids was all out of Sideways, but I found one when I got home, yesterday:

For the sake of space in my suitcase, I threw out Atomic Lugnut's box. But I took a picture of him before I opened him.

Oh, and jaydisc, I _did_ seem those Animated voyagers we discussed. They were full priced (about the same as here). I only saw Bulkhead, and wanted to grab you one, but didn't end up having enough room in the suitcase ):

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    BTW guys, can we ease up on the "OPEN!" callouts a little? While I'd never buy an AFA sealed toy, I respect the right of others to buy them, and appreciate that they'll enjoy them on a different level to me. The "OPEN!" callouts might well end up being a downer for the person who has picked up a sealed toy to keep sealed. It's not really nice to have your acquisition dumped on by others.
    Very well said, I agree 100%. Although MISB is not my thing (although, if finances allowed, I would make it my thing), I have the utmost respect for those that can resist the temptation to open, and proudly display the figure in sealed card/box art glory =o) You could compare it to MISB collectors demanding you to NOT open yours... Which is something you'd rather not do ofcourse, so really it's an "each to their own" thing, and pressuring others against their will just isn't what it's all about.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Got this guy for free and free of postage from a good mate. JTGONS from youtube. His mint with no gun, so I went ahead and paid $30 for a blaster gun.
    Check out his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JTGONS

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun View Post
    Very well said, I agree 100%. Although MISB is not my thing (although, if finances allowed, I would make it my thing), I have the utmost respect for those that can resist the temptation to open, and proudly display the figure in sealed card/box art glory =o) You could compare it to MISB collectors demanding you to NOT open yours... Which is something you'd rather not do ofcourse, so really it's an "each to their own" thing, and pressuring others against their will just isn't what it's all about.
    +1 Here, here. Each to their own and all that jazz. Let people enjoy their collections anyway they choose to without any pressure.

YAY! My local Target (suprisingly) got Stormcloud in, and for the $22.49 too! And while I have critisized the Silverbolt mould in the past, at $22.49 I gladly added him to my stash =o) I am glad I got him before completely writing off the mould (as I had previously only had Darkwind as an example). Silverbolt is much nicer to the eyes than Darkwind imo, I just couldn't stop thinking 'kiddy toy' with Darkwinds colour scheme, but ol' Silver looks just as 'heroic autoboty' as he should =o) Did anyone else notice a significant drop in quality in Stormcloud compared to Powerglide? Or maybe just me...

Seeing as I managed to aquire Stormcloud locally, I no longer need anyone interstate to track one down for me. So for those I asked about getting one to send over, you no longer need to do so, but I do appreciate any efforts that were made. Although, if anyone already has bought him for me and lost their receipt, I will honor it.

Well, first it was Classics 2.0 Prowl and Henkei Smokescreen, now Classics 2.0 Powerglide and Stormcloud... I think I have officially overruled my original plan of 'no repaints' =oP
    Last edited by Jaisun; 28th September 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Picked up TFA Deluxe Class Oil Slick this morning.

And this afternoon I received, courtesy of SentinelPrime, the following:

Titanium 3" Megatron
    Titanium 3" Optimus Prime
    Titanium 3" Bumblebee
    Titanium 3" Rodimus
    Titanium 3" Unicron
    Heroes of Cybertron Soundwave
    Heroes of Cybertron Rodimus Prime

Not a bad one-day haul.
    Last edited by SGB; 28th September 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Picked this one on up on clearance:

It was the only one left at the JayJays outlet (:

Legends Skids & Bumblebee from K-mart Firle

Sideways & Ice Twins from last week