Page 250 of 467 FirstFirst ... 230240245246247248249250251252253254255260270 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I remember playing Wolfenstein on my friends PC all those days ago. His ran smoothly as far as I remember and I was blown away by the style of gameplay and that gatting gun! Hmmm.

Didn't really play any FPS until I got Duke Nukem 3d for my Saturn, such a great conversion. Doom on the Saturn was not so great, although I would like to get a copy for it's infamy! Quake came out much nicer though!

Speaking of the Sega Saturn, those who watch the twitters know this, but I picked up a Saturn here! Yay! Also managed to bag a couple of games that I was after, as well as my staple faves (since I have left my collection in Australia).
    Bought Rockman X4, which I enjoy, but damn Rockman is hard!
    Original release Dayton, Marvel Super Heroes, Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronboo Kanpekiban (a Shootemup using the bad guys from Yatterman), Bomberman and some a couple of others as they were super cheap!

Think I need a better controller though as there seems to be a very tiny delay and the one that came with the Saturn feels a little spongey. Which is OK, but annoying as I am bit of a train ride from the closest place to find retro parts.

I recently picked up & have been playing Rage & Metro 2033 on xBox360. While i enjoyed the artistic side of Rage, i found it to be extremely repetitive in it's gameplay -go here, kill these guys, get this, come back. lather, rinse and repeat.
    Metro 2033 on the other hand... phwoooar! i am really, really enjoying this game. I think it may even knock Fallout 3 off the top spot as my favourite apocalyptic game. Better finish this one and grab a copy of Metro Last Light

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I remember playing Wolfenstein on my friends PC all those days ago. His ran smoothly as far as I remember and I was blown away by the style of gameplay and that gatting gun! Hmmm.

Didn't really play any FPS until I got Duke Nukem 3d for my Saturn, such a great conversion. Doom on the Saturn was not so great, although I would like to get a copy for it's infamy! Quake came out much nicer though!

Speaking of the Sega Saturn, those who watch the twitters know this, but I picked up a Saturn here! Yay! Also managed to bag a couple of games that I was after, as well as my staple faves (since I have left my collection in Australia).
    Bought Rockman X4, which I enjoy, but damn Rockman is hard!
    Original release Dayton, Marvel Super Heroes, Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronboo Kanpekiban (a Shootemup using the bad guys from Yatterman), Bomberman and some a couple of others as they were super cheap!

Think I need a better controller though as there seems to be a very tiny delay and the one that came with the Saturn feels a little spongey. Which is OK, but annoying as I am bit of a train ride from the closest place to find retro parts.
    Nice score! I need a PAL Saturn for my collection (a Dreamcast too, and pretty much every Sega console ever lol) I didnt have one mate that had Sega stuff so i dont remember ever playing anything other than a Master System and Megadrive and only just a little bit.

Nintendo stuff seems to attract rediculous prices on ebay even though every man/woman/dog has it lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    That's it. Hursty, looking at that shelf has convinced me to bust out Jedi Outcast and put ol' Kyle Katarn through his paces

I love that game. I might even back it up with Jedi Academy
    Hehe, they were indeed brilliant games - Spent many hours modding them with different Saber hilts and Plugin-Player Models, the singleplayer was superb for both as was the multiplayer back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Me three. I played Doom and Doom 2 with no soundcard, but at least I had fullscreen. The game was still great to play regardless of sound. Wasn't until I got the PSOne release of Doom that I played the game with sound.

(My PSOne Doom is one of my small collection of PSone games I hung on to)
    It pleases me greatly to hear you kept your PSX copy of Doom dude, always dug the cover art to that one too!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I played Wolfensten 3D with no soundcard, just PC speaker beeps. However by Doom I already had a Soundblaster 2.0 and Wolfensten became a whole new experience with the shouting Nazis.
    Oh god!

Dude, I totally went through the same here with Wolf3D! - Oh the glory of PC Speaker!

We must've spent hours getting the IRQ & DMA settings right so that our "AdLib or Soundblaster Compatible" soundcard would work with Wolfenstein, we managed to get sound AND music working on that but could never get the same out of Doom until we got a 16bit Soundblaster.

Along with Doom & Quake, Wolfenstein 3D is easily amongst my all-time favourite PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

I hear you on the Chaingun dude!

Duke Nukem 3D, man, now that is a game I sank a s***-tone of hours into too! - I was already a long-time fan of the original 2 side-scrolling platformers though so when the 3rd game arrived AND in 3D? - SOLD!

I'd like to throw out honourable mentions to Hexen, Heretic and Carmageddon too while we're at it!
    (I know Liege hears me on Hexen )

Hexen and Heretic were both awesome, i remember playing them on my mates big brothers computer. It was the first time i think i ever saw a pc game run how it was supposed to.

I am after an NES zapper, anyone selling?

Not sure if here is the right place to post but looking to sell: PS4 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, condition as new for $35, thanks.

While were after stuff, i need a PS3 OR 360 controller for a mates kids. Controller only.

You ended up getting a NES then Kup?

Pertaining to previous discussion; Next year this object celebrates its 20th year in my possession!

Very nice Hursty.

Check out that juicy red ps3 back there too...