View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Botcon Springer

3 7.69%
  • Universe Springer

7 17.95%
  • They both suck, gimme a freaking triple changer!

29 74.36%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Classics Springer is better?

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    As for a Triple Changer... it's not like he used the car mode much.
    Tragically

It was a sports tank, for cryin' out loud. That's a cool enough mode even without the flight capabilities. Wish we'd seen more of it in S3.

The original toy's M.A.S.K.-like transformation sucked, I'll admit that. But looking at it, it could have been altered just that little bit more to come up with something truly cool. I can easily imagine a variation on the G1 toy which would have looked very different in vehicle mode, as well as allowing both gun and rotor to be stored in all three forms.

Man, I really wish I had a little workshop with some plastic sheeting, shaping tools, dye etc...

So Universe:

or Botcon:

There's quite a difference in height. I think I might need to see how Fans Project Protector looks all suited up. Also, I'm considering tossing in a Botcon Elita One and pretending it's Arcee. Then all I need is a Wreck-Gar <cough>Collector</cough> and a Kup with a worthy mold.

jeepers. ONE YEAR LATER in the same thread, jay! Wow!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    jeepers. ONE YEAR LATER in the same thread, jay! Wow!
    Wow! To the day! I hadn't even noticed. It seemed the most 'propriate place.

Out of the two I prefer the Botcon one as it has a more Springer feel to him particularly towards the comic version of the character as Paulbot mentioned in his now ancient post. I don't really see Springer on the Evac repaint aside from the color which is too much of a light green anyway.

However I would indeed prefer a proper triplechanging Springer but Hasbro refuses to do one despite the 'car' mode being nothing more than the helicopter mode with its blades folded in. He was a bit of a cheat in G1 and I would even forgive this cheat in Classics.

Fan Projects are pretty much giving us what Hasbro has refused to do over the years despite several opportunities for them to do so but oh well..

Unfortunately, I'm all but convinced that Defender will never see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    So Universe:

In a TFTM assortment of characters, Classics fits better (as per my original post Classics=Cartoon, Botcon=Comic).

I enjoy Wheelie riding Grimlock in those pics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In a TFTM assortment of characters, Classics fits better (as per my original post Classics=Cartoon, Botcon=Comic).

I enjoy Wheelie riding Grimlock in those pics too.
    It's true in those comparison photos Universe Springer has the edge.

Still not a fan of either though. Energon Bulkhead is a better Springer if you can handle his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It's true in those comparison photos Universe Springer has the edge.

Still not a fan of either though. Energon Bulkhead is a better Springer if you can handle his face.
    Yeah, his body is sure Springer and the Helicopter is a better match too but the mustache face ruins it. They should have remolded his head and released him as Springer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm all but convinced that Defender will never see the light of day.
    you are probably right but I hope you are wrong

Fan Projects has gained a bit of legitimacy with me for their ability to get right what Hasbro persistently gets wrong - They are not copying or KOing but rather catering to what the fans want which Hasbro refuses to do.