Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Was a Casual Primary School Teacher for 4 odd years (sure it was excellent money but I refused to put up with those kids s#%t any longer!)

Went back to uni & became qualified in the field of TESOL. Currently trying to find work in that field or a position in an educational consultancy role.
    Pulse - Good to see you and Gok in Education as well!

Can I just say that I am really enjoying reading this thread. It's interesting seeing what everyone does.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I work in the Entertainment Industry... have done so for 11 years, but only professionally (ie, full time) for about 5.

I studied performing arts/media production at Uni, then got myself an Agent - which is how I get most of my work. I work as a musician, MC, DJ, & I'm in a musical comedy act called "Sung Like a Horse". I've done quite a lot of acting, including working for 8 years at 2 Theatre Restaurants, plays, TV commercials and short films (I just finished shooting one a couple of months ago). I also teach guitar at a couple of schools for extra cash, but mostly for fun!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Pulse - Good to see you and Gok in Education as well!
    Bet you wouldn't think it but when I left highschool, I was originally planning to get qualified in the field of Hospitality Management.

I went along to the orientation day at North Ryde Tafe & I decided to head in a different direction . Somehow I stumbled in Teaching (Hospitality Management into Teaching? How does that work?) & I'm really glad I did because if I would have stuck it out with HM, I would never have met Lisa Maree...

web applications (PHP)
    database applications
    unix sysadmin
    mac sys/netadmin
    PSD -> HTML/CSS

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse
    (sure it was excellent money but I refused to put up with those kids s#%t any longer!)
    Pppffttt... wait till they get to high school.

optimus1: Don't worry, most kids are manageable if you know what you're doing. I won't name the school, but my first year of teaching was at arguably one of the toughest schools in Sydney and yet I was still able to enforce discipline and order amongst my students by the end of my tenure there. Feel free to ask me about it or anything else about teaching either in private or IRL at future fan meets.

Training Co-ordinator(Conveyor belt Splicing, Rubber Lining, Pulley and Roller lagging(Industrial rubber)), I either organise training for people or train them myself. I might be changing jobs at the end of the year and go working on the mine sites but this will mean going backwards as far as positions go. I'd be working getting dirty again, the good thing is you start on about 120K and go up, I have heard of one of the older Supervisors I used to work with being offered 250K but he didn't take the job as he is retiring at the end of the year.

Graphic designer, though these days its more like layout monkey.

I just got a job working fulltime at Hungry Jacks, I start this Arvo XD

contracting for Australia post doing IT for their non production environments
    No I don't work in the post office, and I don't even get free postage