Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

I know we have the "MOTU questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies" thread, but whenever I just feel like talking about Masters, I never feel like there's a proper place for it. So hopefully this will be it.

I've been buying the MOTUC line for... three years now and have never had any of what I consider to be a 'real' problem. It was inevitable that something would happen eventually, and in my case, unfortunately it was with Demo-Man, who (along with Hurricane Hordak) was my equal most-fondly-awaited figure from last year. The problem was that he didn't ship until this year.

I changed my address at MattyCollector back in November 2011. The Demo-Man/Battleground Evil-Lyn order from my subscription was supposed to ship in December last year, but did not ship until January the 19th. And for some reason it was shipped to my old address where I no longer live nor have access to the mail.

So I wrote to Mattycollector about it, and they have been very helpful. They say they will reship the package to the right address. Hopefully all is good. Fingers crossed.

So... has anyone been reading our beloved Toyguru's 'Director's Commentary' blogs? The previous one was surprisingly unawful, and I only had a couple of issues with the current one:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru;
    Looking at past collector lines, many had died an early death simply because they burned through characters a bit too quickly. This was especially the case with the 2003 Staction line from NECA.
    How the heck did the Stactions "burn through characters"? Because they came three per wave? Seriously, that was my favourite MOTU line ever, and because they concentrated on less 'mainstream' characters than the 200X toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru;
    When we presented the line up to management, I do remember in particular one of the managers looking at Scareglow (the proposed October figure, until the Mer-Man slip moved him to November) and saying “Scareglow? Really? He was one of the cheap-outs back in the day.” Which is interesting because if you look at the vintage Scareglow wave (Randor, Clamp Champ, Ninjor and Scareglow) they were all pretty much "weapon and a head only" figures.
    Um... Ninjor had three weapons, one of which was nunchaku, a spring loaded arm, cloth clothes and a head. And clearly the Sorceress wasn't 'weapon and a head' - she was new... like... everything. And I don't see how a glow-in-the-dark, caped skeleton deco was a "cheap-out" either.

Other than those imaginary-histories-pulled-out-of-Toyguru's-bottom, this week's commentary was... okay.

Well, I'm crankypants atm as it seems Mattycollector has rejected my order.
    I'd thought I'd got myself all the figures from the feb 14 sale but now who knows? I went to bbts and put everything they had into my pile of loot.
    not at all happy at paying double for them but at least I'll have them.
    Edit-
    oh, no they've shipped. yay! and now i can cancel my bbts preorders.
    Last edited by Tallestblue; 24th February 2012 at 12:48 AM.

I caved and bought up Photog and Purple cat guy for my Skeletor. I have to admit, despiet losing my Swifty in the mail with kurdt's I ahve been enjouing the MOTUC line. I guess, it has aloowed me to get figures that I would have never gotten before. Although not a serious MOTU fan, I always wanted a Skeletor and He-Man, and now I regret selling my Stinkor and Sy-klone, alhtugh I have replaced Kloney with a MOTUC and will do so again with Stinkor.

Just a shame they use that stupid system with DR with things going on sale all at once. Oh well. Slowly watching my way through POP still and completely enjoying it!

This guy makes amazing MOTU Lego creations: http://www.mocpages.com/folder.php/32166

Those Lego MOTU sets are excellent, glad they arent official though, Id spend way to much

Also wanted to ask if anyone here knows of a site with a MOTU checklist for the original toyline? He-Man.org loads a bit slow for me, so hoping to find another site to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Those Lego MOTU sets are excellent, glad they arent official though, Id spend way to much

Also wanted to ask if anyone here knows of a site with a MOTU checklist for the original toyline? He-Man.org loads a bit slow for me, so hoping to find another site to use.
    I like this one, Omega: http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...motuvfigs.html

Octavia and Karatti look fawesome. Mathematically, that's not a good start to the promises of what would be done in 2013, but I'm happy with those two. Snake Face was expected and is awesome too - I just discovered how many attachable snakes he'll have: http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...art=0&sl=19206

So who's in for Castle Grayskull?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Snake face wins for me!! Absolutely fantastic. The other two are pretty cool too.

As for Castle Grayskull... At this stage it's only a maybe. I do hope it gets made and I will definitely pre-order one. I think it will be basic from what I've read but that doesn't bother me. Some are already complaining about the price, but to be fair to Scott, he did flag it a while ago.

I wonder if CG is a response to all the negativity of late... It seems rushed and unprepared, like they thought they had to do something awesome - and quick! If that is the case, that's still ok by me. But the fact that it's still no certainty makes me not want to get my hopes up just yet! Hell, even Ram Man couldn't sell Subs!

Snakeface looks awesome and Octavia is freaking sweet!

I just hope neither gets ruined by black plastic, reversed arms, flaking paint or screwed up faces.

If Mattycollector had not become such a disaster, these two figures alone would have tempted me to get a sub.

Edit: I just saw a close up of Octavia's face. It's not very good and rather plain looking with the same stupid buck teeth expression all MOTUC females seem to now have.

She is supposed to look like this:

Not a generic green Barbie doll with a bucked tooth 'dull surprise' look