Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: High resolution images of upcoming 25th Anniv/Animated figures

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Now after blurry pictures and seeing these:

1. Cyclonus is now a must get. I really hope he gets the henkei treatment. No way Hasbro will do the mould justice anywhere near that picture in finished detail.
    2. Hound looks far less classics mirage "lanky" in the hip area, so I do like the robot more now. I still hate the vehicle mode. That's not an army jeep.
    3. Inferno looks much better.
    4. The legends look great. I'm actually liking the animated bumblebee with g1 head, and how its transformation is similar to the original, and beachcombers square backed head.
    5. Vector prime looks hella tough, I love it, but I do think I'd be HIGHLY dissapointed when I see the real paint apps.
    6. What's that cruddy symbol doing on scourge? And you just know the paint apps won't compare to the cybertron version.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    They put Cyclonus in that size category and they make Galvatron into a puny figure!!! WTF!!
    but aren't those 2 the same size?

Universe Deluxes: Starscream, Cyclonus, Hound, Cheetor
    & all these people whinging about having to rename their figures cos Hasbro can't do it properly... *sigh* We've been renaming Rodimus into Hot Rod for years - It's just water off a duck's back...

oh man oh man oh man i want the classics sooo bad espiacally Cyclonus always liked his alt mode

i dunno about Cheetor though his alt mode looks alright but bot mode not so much, i wonder if they will do more BW stuff wouldnt mind a Waspy done like that if they do it right of course

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    oh man oh man oh man i want the classics sooo bad espiacally Cyclonus always liked his alt mode

i dunno about Cheetor though his alt mode looks alright but bot mode not so much, i wonder if they will do more BW stuff wouldnt mind a Waspy done like that if they do it right of course
    Rhinox with cartoon Chain gun

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse
    I think so. I do not agree with Galvatron's size but since they have done it that way there is no choice but to run with it. It would suck to no end to have Cyclonus (and possibly Scourge) towering over him.

Here it is:

Snarl was obviously designed to be the Animated incarnation of the Generation 1 Dinobot named Slag, and preproduction shots even bore that name. Hasbro holds the United States trademark for "Slag" unopposed, and renewed it as recently as Xmas 2007. As revealed by Hasbro representatives at BotCon 2008, they are not using "Slag" as a product name because it is a negative slang term in the United Kingdom (meaning, roughly, "slut") which might have affected toy sales. Let's hope they don't do another Slapper.
    Archer is not reported as being directly responsible but it does follow the trend of unnecesary name changes in the past which he has personaly taken responsability for. He was also the head speaker in that Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yeah, that's the reason! Slag is offensive to women... but what I don't understand is, a few years ago they made "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me"... and got away with it - ("Shag" is actually an offensive word in the UK - just like the F word)!

Oh well, he shall be called Slag in my collection... same goes for Bombshell and Octane
    Might have to do with the fact that Transformers is a childrens toy line. Austin Powers is not for children.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    (what is it with Hasbro not knowing how to transform their own toys?!).
    I've often wondered this, and I came to the conclusion that as a big corporation, they likely farm out their photography to an expensive studio that usually does advertising and modelling photography. Big companies have the idea that being a big client for exclusive, expensive studios makes them look better to investors and partners.

So call it Bombstrike or Bomb-blast then. Or better yet, Bomb-Burst, then it'd be a double G1 homage. Hasbro created the name "Shockblast" I don't see why they couldn't have done something similar for Bombshell.
    It's down to whatever is most memorable or most fitting for the character. Bomb doesn't really suggest the character OR the insect mode he assumes. But Shell does, because of the insect connections and the fact he's the one that fires cerebro shells at other TFs to control them.

Same with the now-defunct stand-in name of Shockblast. You remember the Shock, but not the Wave.

I don't buy that.

While I'm aware of what "slag" means in colloquial British English, there's this thing called context. Had they called a female Transformer "Slag" then sure, that'd be kinda weird. But considering that "Slag" is in reference to a Dinobot flamethrower, then it's understandable. Some people may giggle, but they'd get over it.
    *Shrugs* I don't like it either, but Hasbro is just covering all of it's bases now that Transformers is much more well-known. You would be surprised at how people get upset over something popular and mainstream as opposed to something obscure and niche.

Also, negative connotations in colloquial British English never stopped Hasbro from creating the names "Night Slash Cheetor" and - wait for it - SLAPPER (which has the same meaning as slag in derogatory UK English!!).
    As I recall, none of the toys named Slapper were released in the markets where that name would be recognised as british slang. The fact that they've not used 'Slapper' since that 2003 redeco of Bazooka suggests Hasbro's US team became aware of what the term means in its UK market.

Night Slash Cheetor is abit harder to take out of context than Slapper and Slag.

Then there was "Windbreaker" and Hasbro's repeated penchant for using "Scattor"; etc. "Scat" means sh!t (from the Greek word σκατός (Skatos)). Scatology is a branch of biomedical science dealing with the study of fecal excrement.

So...
    Scattorshot = someone who shoots feces (could be appropriate for a TF with an ape/monkey alt mode )
    Scattorbrain = <commence laughing now>
    We've discussed this before, but scattorbrain (or scatterbrain or scatter-brain) is an english language term for somebody who is confused, thoughtless and incapable of paying attention.

Windbreaker is the US term for what we in the commonwealth call a windcheater: a (usually) nylon hooded jacket to keep out the rain. Apparently it's a genericised trademark in the US and Japan. One assumes the character was named such because the name suggested somebody so fast he goes against the wind.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

Which is what I meant.... These two should be biggeeeeeer!!! Galvy Should be Leader Size, and Cyclonus Ultra Size!! Maaaaan, Only in G1 do I tolerate Hasbro's choices in regards to Class sizing of Figures!! Its why I didn't get the deluxe size Bbee in Animated and settled for the Activators ( which is pretty darn better IMO). Im still thinking with regards to Galvy, they really screwed us up on the size thingie. They make Powerglide an Ultra ( he's frickin bigger than Jetfire which is really weird looking on display.). Sigh, and even though Im ranting off against this sizing , IM still getting ( or got these figs) ... drats this weakness!!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yeah, that's the reason! Slag is offensive to women... but what I don't understand is, a few years ago they made "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me"... and got away with it - ("Shag" is actually an offensive word in the UK - just like the F word)!
    Might have to do with the fact that Transformers is a childrens toy line. Austin Powers is not for children.
    True - but what about all the "Austin Powers" Advertising and TV Commercials they are potentially exposed to? I mean, you can't just use taboo words in the public domain and say - "It's not for kids, so it's okay!".

I think this is just a cop out anyway - for God's sake Hasbro... just call him SLAG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I do not agree with Galvatron's size but since they have done it that way there is no choice but to run with it. It would suck to no end to have Cyclonus (and possibly Scourge) towering over him.
    Unless Galvatron could fit in Cyclonus's cockpit so he can shake his fist at passing Dinobots. That would be awesome.

The great and the good:
    Inferno looks like it could jump straight into my top ten of all time (big call I know). The alt mode is just so good. Cyclonus and Hound are must haves and the g1 legends look cute. Excited about animated Blurr and Swindle too.

On the downside:
    What is that weird fluorescent green they've used on robot heroes perceptor?
    Worse, the vector prime repaint, on which the black, silver and blue look great, is completely ruined by that horrid brown on the legs.

Question: What's animated bumblebee doing there? Is that like a premium version with a more uniform yellow paint app?