Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universe Dinobot, Overload, Bruticus, Leo Prime.

Default Universe Dinobot, Overload, Bruticus, Leo Prime.

More pics of each have appeared, including some in packaging.
    http://club.tfclub.com/viewthread.php?tid=23400

Dinobot appears to have a switching allegiance symbol to match the cartoon, but is packaged as a Decepticon/Predacon.

I like the new sliding scale on the back of the packaging to show what era the toy/character is from.

Still no idea why Hasbro would do another redeco of the Cybertron Defence Scattorshot toy (Autobot Overload), within months of the other one (Decepticon Dropshot).

I wonder why there's a pic of Cliffjumper at the end of that post? Could that be the premium edition? It looks just like the original version though...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I like the new sliding scale on the back of the packaging to show what era the toy/character is from.
    This on the back of the Universe combiners as well.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Still no idea why Hasbro would do another redeco of the Cybertron Defence Scattorshot toy (Autobot Overload), within months of the other one (Decepticon Dropshot).
    To fight STL's Acid Storm army!!!!

So what series does this new Overload belong to? He is certainly not G1.

Interesting feature on Universe Dinobot with the flipping allegiance symbol. I like the dino mode, it looks neat. Robot mode is kinda disappointing in terms of lacking bulk, but then again, Dinobot would never be an easy toy to make. The original toy has a nice bulky robot mode but the bulk made the beast mode look ungainly. Here it appears to be the other way around - more slick looking beast mode, but the robot mode is too thin. I don't think it's inherently much better than the original, but it's nice enough that I'll probably pick it up locally.

Not interested in any of those at all..

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Interesting feature on Universe Dinobot with the flipping allegiance symbol. I like the dino mode, it looks neat. Robot mode is kinda disappointing in terms of lacking bulk, but then again, Dinobot would never be an easy toy to make. The original toy has a nice bulky robot mode but the bulk made the beast mode look ungainly. Here it appears to be the other way around - more slick looking beast mode, but the robot mode is too thin. I don't think it's inherently much better than the original, but it's nice enough that I'll probably pick it up locally.
    I suppose if you had bot you could keep the Universe on in Beast mode and the original in Robot mode
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I already have two Dinobots (original and Japanese reissue) - this'll be my third. Also, I display Classics/Universe separately as I consider them a separate and autonomous series from other lines.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So what series does this new Overload belong to? He is certainly not G1.
    After you wrote this, I searched a bit trying to find a pic of the back of the box. I just found one. He's [appropriately] Cybertron Series.

I'm liking the look of Dinobot, but his 'raptor mode irks me, and not just because it's totally not a Velociraptor. It's smiling. I'm not one of those people who want frowns 24/7, but I've never seen Dinobot's beast mode as smiling.

thanks jay