Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe "G2 Laser" Optimus Prime has the Matrix sculpted inside his chest.
    "runs to have a look" lol thanks never noticed that before

TFPBH Leigon Class Prowl has a removable lightbar compatible with other Legion and Commander class figures. I always assumed it was a permanent feature despite him being a repaint

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    TFPBH Leigon Class Prowl has a removable lightbar compatible with other Legion and Commander class figures. I always assumed it was a permanent feature despite him being a repaint
    Really! Going to try that right away. Never realised that either

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This is a bit embarrassing, but I've been sorting out Cyber Planet Keys to match them up with Cybertron figures, and have only just realised that the first letter of the code represents the size class: s for scout, d for deluxe, etc
    hehe i never took notice either :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I just learned how freakin hard it is to harvest parts from old G1 (later years)... I broke my Getaway yesterday while playing with it, luckily Ive got a spare in parts that I was planning to give an H2O2 bath, but ended up now as spare parts. I thought it would've been a simple swap, but nope, I ended up having to disassemble the whole toy - except for the feet - coz all the parts are interlocked and I can tjust loosen the back part and yank the part broken off, gaaah!! Took me an hour and a half ( mebbe more) just to reassemble the toy properly... which I gave an H2o2 crème treatment coz now the parts don't match in whiteness... 1 day after - viola! uber-white toy, that H2O2 crème works wonders! heheheh
    Anyways, yeah, I learned now that a simple looking toy (brick G1) is not so simple at all. It's got heaps of parts, and wotnot assembled into one simple looking toy....makes me appreciate G1 toys even more after seeing how complex the parts connect and interlock.

broken part next to the figure shows just how much yellowing this toy had - front dash board part... pardon my room uses yellow lightbulb heheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Didn't know Generations Wheeljack has different leg pieces to my red Turbo Tracks. Was baffled as to why his rear wheels would swing down to his feet and Tracks wheels are fixed higher up

So I've read about new Metroplex's hip issues, I just realised how dramatic a collapse is once the hips give way when I tried to pull him down off the shelf yesterday which is at my head height. Nearly knocked me out!!
    Last edited by Jetfire in the sky; 9th October 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I just learned how freakin hard it is to harvest parts from old G1 (later years)... I broke my Getaway yesterday while playing with it, luckily Ive got a spare in parts that I was planning to give an H2O2 bath, but ended up now as spare parts. I thought it would've been a simple swap, but nope, I ended up having to disassemble the whole toy - except for the feet - coz all the parts are interlocked and I can tjust loosen the back part and yank the part broken off, gaaah!! Took me an hour and a half ( mebbe more) just to reassemble the toy properly... which I gave an H2o2 crème treatment coz now the parts don't match in whiteness... 1 day after - viola! uber-white toy, that H2O2 crème works wonders! heheheh
    Anyways, yeah, I learned now that a simple looking toy (brick G1) is not so simple at all. It's got heaps of parts, and wotnot assembled into one simple looking toy....makes me appreciate G1 toys even more after seeing how complex the parts connect and interlock.

broken part next to the figure shows just how much yellowing this toy had - front dash board part... pardon my room uses yellow lightbulb heheh
    A lot of people mistakenly think that due to the unarticulated 'brick' style of G1 toys, that they are simple. NO THEY ARE NOT! By far it is a lot harder to assembler/disassemble a G1 toy than a modern one due to all the springs, hinges and metal pieces they have. The parts count is also a lot greater.

I can certainly see why Hasbro doesn't like to re-issue them often as they must be a bitch to produce and assemble at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I can certainly see why Hasbro doesn't like to re-issue them often as they must be a bitch to produce and assemble at the factory.
    Compared to most modern toys perhaps, but those generations data disks would have to take the cake for "assembly item that could explode and take out your eye before you're finished"
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Didn't know that Optimus Prime has a scary face behind that mask on the MP01 masterpeice figure!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater