Page 18 of 183 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I don't get why everyone likes die cast on there figures and any new stuff is rated if it has die cast or not, I for one am happy that die cast isn't used anymore as it can weigh the figure down and the paint chips easier....
    **coughs** Titanium figures **coughs**

Realising that I'm actually starting to run out of space in my house for toys....

...is it worth building a shed or another room in one of the small empty spaces I have for toys? Anyone done so themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    ...is it worth building a shed or another room in one of the small empty spaces I have for toys? Anyone done so themselves?
    Yeah, I built on a couple of years ago so I could have a separate Transformers room (had another kid on the way so the collection had to move). It was purpose-built to minimise direct sunlight and has it's own security system installed. All up, it cost me close to 40k... not including the new display cabinets which went in the room.

I'd advise to stay away from converting a shed if possible because you'd want regulate temperature as much as possible, not to mention moisture in the air, two factors that are deadly to a collection.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I don't get why everyone likes die cast on there figures and any new stuff is rated if it has die cast or not, I for one am happy that die cast isn't used anymore as it can weigh the figure down and the paint chips easier....
    Feels classier? That's a good question really, I mean surely by now plastic can be just as reliable in case of a toy.

I've noticed lately in my other figures, that a bit of die cast in the shins/feet can often go a long way to improving the stability of a figure, but anywhere else isn't really needed I suppose

Die cast is good when applied properly.

Example of bad die cast implementation - The whole Titanium 6" line.

Example of good die cast implementation - The Fansproject Warbot line. I would also say MP01 but the FP stuff is miles ahead of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Die cast is good when applied properly.

Example of good die cast implementation - The Fansproject Warbot line. I would also say MP01 but the FP stuff is miles ahead of that.
    Yep. I am generally against die-cast but have found that when used sparingly and well, it can add to the figure. As Kup said Fansproject Assaulter is a great example of it being used well.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Can you tell that Titanium Series wasn't engineered/designed by Takara? They weren't even produced by Hasbro's regular design team, but rather by Galoob (the company that produced Micro Machines - Hasbro acquired Galoob in 1998). Most other Transformers that have die-cast metal and were designed by Takara do use them far more sparingly than Galoob did with Ti Series. (e.g. early G1, Binaltech etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have both Titanium Scourge and Ultra Magnus and I think they're great.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I have Scourge, and while he is one of the better of the 15cm Ti Series TFs, I don't think he's that great as an action figure. Generations Scourge is a way better toy IMHO. I find Scourge to be a somewhat cumbersome toy to play with (which is the core function of any action figure). He's not terrible, but I don't find him a particularly great toy to play with either.

I don't have Ultra Magnus but I've seen/fiddled with someone else's... and I can see why people would like him (I personally don't, although I don't dislike him either) because it is impressive how they've tried to incorporated the cab and trailer as a single transformable toy (rather than have the cab transform into a separate robot and have the trailer attach as armour). The robot mode looks rather ungainly to me. I haven't tried fully playing with it though - just fiddling - but like Scourge it doesn't feel like it would be all that fun to play with. Scourge and Ultra Magnus are certainly better attempts at making decent action figures than say some TFPRiD toys like Airachnid. Ultra Magnus is a toy with a really interesting concept, and I'd love to see HasTak have a go at doing it... imagine a Classicsverse or Masterpiece Ultra Magnus done in the same concept. You'd sacrifice having that inner cab/robot... but considering how obscure that robot's canonical appearance is (almost all of Ultra Magnus' canonical appearance has been with his armour on, as if that is his robot mode), I don't think most fans would mind.

OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price! They also posted on Facebook "Good luck finding a vintage G1 Artfire for less than $150" ... But this toy isn't a G1 vintage Artfire...

Yes, some people would want to buy this toy in lieu of getting a G1 toy -- that's the reason why I pre-ordered this toy... but no way I'd pay above RRP for what is really just yet another redeco of the Universe Inferno mould. Either those guys got ripped off by their supplier, or they're trying to gauge fans. If this was the secondary aftermarket price of the toy in a year's time or so, I might believe it... but to think that this is the price that some people are charging for a toy that's _just_ been released?!?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price! They also posted on Facebook "Good luck finding a vintage G1 Artfire for less than $150" ... But this toy isn't a G1 vintage Artfire...
    If I recall correctly, TFSource was actually one of the first websites to make available the pre-order for United Artfire. Initial price was $165 + postage. After the other major websites placed their Artfire pre-orders, TFSource re-adjusted their price.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!