Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Angry Trev's Website - articles of interest (Non-TF)

Excerpt from Blog: I’ve had a bit of a love affair with hot sauces over the years, and like most things which are not good for you, the more you indulge in them the bigger the hit you want the next time.

Now to give you an idea of spiciness – your average tabasco hot sauce comes in at around 3,500 SHU. The Pepper Spray used by police to incapacitate people comes in at 5,000,000 SHU.

God Slayer comes in at a whopping 6,400,000 SHU. That makes it (besides limited edition novelty releases) the third hottest commercially available hot sauce on the planet!

Of course, I did not know this at the time.

Galvatran Guest

BRING. ON. THE. SEQUEL.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    BRING. ON. THE. SEQUEL.
    Heh - I've had one of my readers issue a different Hot Sauce challenge so it may be there are several more Hot Sauce Blog pieces in the future

Excerpt from Blog: My wife doesn’t like pork. There, I’ve said it. It’s a shameful thing to have to admit about ones spouse but there it is. Likes ham, tolerates bacon… but hates pork. My daughter likes pork to a small extent and my son merely tolerates it. So in a house of four people we have a total of one pork lover – me.

However I have finally hit on a recipe that even my wife will happily eat! Saucy and tasty, this will make even those whose religious faith make them eschew pork commit heresy and chow on down – Pork Cutlets with Creamy Mustard Sauce.

Default Hobby Farming

Excerpt from Blog: For the most part, mother nature can look after itself.* And I’ve learned the hard way over the years that human interference can often cause more harm than good.* Many’s the time I thought I was helping with the birth of one of our ducks and, through a misguided sense to do good, actually caused the death of a hatching duckling rather than save it.

However sometimes you do need to intervene.* If you are a professional farmer of ducks, chances are you already know all the tricks and even have the right equipment to handle things (incubators and what have you).* However if you are a backyard duck farmer like me, you have to rely on your wits and what is to hand.

Excerpt from Blog: We’ve had a big pack of feral goats that turn up periodically on our farm from the forest it backs onto. Except for the odd bit of damage to a boundary fence, it hasn’t been not too much of a nuisance in the past as we currently have no herds of grazing animals.

But now they have discovered our two pet does – twin-sisters Milly and Molly.

Not owning a gun, capture was the next best option. And, especially during a drought, it’s surprisingly easy! Here is how:

Excerpt from Blog: Today we have another chicken question from Maddy in Melbourne:

Dear Trev,
    Me again, with more chicken nonsense. I've got two new chooks who are little silkies. Everything I read about silkies is that they’re lovely friendly hens who will tolerate children and sit on your lap and follow you about. But they grumble at me like old men who’ve been woken from a nap in their favourite chair and the greyish one even pecks me when I put treats in their little run.
    So anyway that’s my question: why do my silkies hate me and will they eventually warm to me? Is there any more I can do to convince them I’m very nice to animals?

Excerpt from Blog: It has been a long lament of mine that I have been unable to find a good Mexican restaurant in this country. Not having been to Mexico itself and sadly with no current overseas plans for the future, I have had to rely on what Australia has to offer

When news got around that a Mexican restaurant was opening up in Rylstone, a town where you can count the places to go out for dinner on the fingers of a blind butcher, I was cautiously optimistic but couldn’t silence that little voice in my head that was saying ‘It’s just going to be another crappy gimmicky place with food that makes an Old El’Paso kit look good’. So along I took my family with my hopes not high.

Sometimes it’s nice to be wrong.

Omg i get flashes of the guy from The Livingroom.

Excerpt from Blog: Never in all our years together have I felt such a sense of betrayal resulting from the actions of my spouse.No, she didn’t cheat on me. No, she didn’t spend our savings on something extravagant for herself. No she hasn’t been saying awful things about me behind my back to her friends and family.* She hasn't even stopped me ordering this months shipment of Transformers.

The near-unspeakable act she committed was…. wait for it….*telling our son we could have at least one vegetarian dinner a week!

Excerpt from Blog: Despite some successes, this week has not been a good week for Vegans in Australia.One of the more militant factions of the Vegan community, in order to celebrate the anniversary of a documentary highlighting animal cruelty issues (Dominion), took actions many would consider extreme across numerous parts of the country. They did this in the hope it would make people aware of their cause and win people over to their way of thinking.

From a PR perspective it didn’t work. It really didn’t work.